Going back to AirOS

Xymox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 18:30    Post subject: Going back to AirOS Reply with quote
Stupid question, how do I load the AirOS after I have loaded DD-WRT ? Obviously not from the web GUI.

TFTP ?

Are there any precautions ? And dangers ?

The reason im asking is that I am using none of the services/features DD-WRT provides and with my Bullet2HP I have seen a little weirdness with stability. So I want to try AirOS again..

Can someone be nice and give me a quick few steps to do this if its a command line thing.

Thanks !
Sponsor
Xymox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
WHOOPS..

Wow... OK well its is WELL COVERED how to do this in a sticky....

Sorry for the post....
Xymox
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well that worked perfect.. Thank you for posting a sticky for doing this..

So... I do have a question...

AirOS vs DD-WRT...

In Access Point mode with no additional features that come with DD-WRT which is better ?

The AirOS has "Rate Algorithms" and this seems to have options better then what DD-WRT provides ? At quick glance of my users I may see better rates with AirOS in EWMA mode.

How is overall performance between AirOS and DD-WRT ? Has anyone done any testing ? Reliability testing of the 2 ?

I would want performance to stay at least as good, if not better, when you consider the retail price of the DD-WRT. You should not have to trade off any performance for additional features.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
since im not having any unbt wlan devices, senao cpe only i cant do testing but in general i would say your setting can be optimized. ddwrt should be min as fast as airos or even faster.

ddwrt has more to tweak so u have to know what u r doin

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
That is my thinking.

Also I suppose if im really motivated I could strip out all the stuff I don't need and do more of a custom build of DD-WRT to get more of exactly what I want.

I would like to get some NVRAM available to store a few small web pages for NoCatSplash and move my nocat onto the Bullet where it belongs. I would like to run the Bullet as a router with its own DHCP thus completely freeing up my main router from the tasks of doing a public WAP and isolating the public people on their own.

Hmmm...... Time to investigate doing my own build of DD-WRT... I suppose this is inevitable..

Well one thing I do like about DD-WRT,, you learn a lot along the way.
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Xymox wrote:
That is my thinking.

Also I suppose if im really motivated I could strip out all the stuff I don't need and do more of a custom build of DD-WRT to get more of exactly what I want.

go for openwrt...thats why its there
Quote:

I would like to get some NVRAM available to store a few small web pages for NoCatSplash and move my nocat onto the Bullet where it belongs. I would like to run the Bullet as a router with its own DHCP thus completely freeing up my main router from the tasks of doing a public WAP and isolating the public people on their own.

Hmmm...... Time to investigate doing my own build of DD-WRT... I suppose this is inevitable..

Well one thing I do like about DD-WRT,, you learn a lot along the way.

u would have been better of with a senao eoc2610 or eoc1650 which have full ddwrt functionality cause of the 8mb flash and the better hw

&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
CHEAP !!. Im a cheap-o.. Im playing with a public access point as kinda a hobby. For fun im supplying people around my apartment complex with free wifi. So while there are many better solutions then a Bullet, a bullet is very cheap. I also already had the antenna. I also like the zero loss of not having any coax run or even a pigtail.

Yes.... OpenWRT... I went their earlier. The web site is mostly down cuz of upgrades right now.. Once its up I will go play with it some.. I just dont wanna build a Linux box just for doing this stuff, while that does look inevitable I suppose.

BUT I also like easy. DD-WRT is good to go. Looks like OperWRT requires some extra work.

So I like cheap and easy, hehehehe....
sarvani
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:48    Post subject: Re: Going back to AirOS Reply with quote
Dear Xymox,

I want to go back to airos from dd-wrt in my UBNT ROCKET M2.

Please explain me the way you followed.

Regards

AMARENDRA
SARVANI TELECOM
HYDERABAD INDIA

Xymox wrote:
Stupid question, how do I load the AirOS after I have loaded DD-WRT ? Obviously not from the web GUI.

TFTP ?

Are there any precautions ? And dangers ?

The reason im asking is that I am using none of the services/features DD-WRT provides and with my Bullet2HP I have seen a little weirdness with stability. So I want to try AirOS again..

Can someone be nice and give me a quick few steps to do this if its a command line thing.

Thanks !
cbv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi!
DD-WRT works correctly at UniFi, but tftp recovery doesn't work. Are any another ways to go back to AirOs or another free firmware exists?
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: