mount usb issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
yman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 23:56    Post subject: mount usb issues Reply with quote
hi,

I am having issues mounting my usb and I cant seem to get it working.

first of all my router is a Cisco WRT610N v2 using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/24/10) big
(SVN revision 15962)

In my services section I have enabled all the usb options except for the automount. Thing is I see other people in the forum talk about options to allow filesystems and i dont have any of these options.

Anyway, i followed all the steps from here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/USB_storage and i ran the mount (with both the noatime and rw,umask=0000 options). Once I do that when i run just mount this is what i get.

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
/dev/mtdblock/4 on /jffs type jffs2 (rw)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

I have run this command insmod /lib/modules/2.6.24.111/kernel/fs/vfat/vfat.ko and now when i run dmesg the last few lines of the output always have this vfat: Unknown symbol xxx where xxx is some package.

I hope ive provided enough info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: If you care, i have recently installed the Kong Mod http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/22510/DD-WRT-Kong-Mod-USB-FTP-SAMBA3-OpenVPN-Proxy-WNR3500Lv1/ and the auto mount just worked.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: