HELP ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
gethyphyy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:33    Post subject: HELP ALL HOPE IS LOST!!! Reply with quote
so i decided i wanted to flash dd-wrt onto my linksys wrt54g v6 however i cannot get past step 7 following this guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_WRT54G_v5.0_%26_5.1_%26_6.0

my problem is when i enter the folder in its still zipped condition, i have the vximgtoolgui.exe file but when i extract the vximgtoolgui folder, it magically disappears.

the only application file i get upon extraction is a wrt_vx_imgtool.exe file in which case when i launch, i get nothing but a brief flash of a command prompt window.

now i've tried downloading the whole folder from the link posted in this thread here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58231 about 5 times now. i've extracted the folders using both windows built in extraction as well as winrar

i'm not sure what else to do. i can't find the vximgtoolgui.exe file available to download on the internet. it seems you have to download the zipped folder in which case it does the same thing.

i am using windows 7 home premium
show hidden files and folders is on.

Help me plzzzzzz
Sponsor
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:06; edited 1 time in total
gethyphyy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah i have avast and it's currently running on silent/gaming mode. could someone else try downloading that file and extracting it and seeing if the executable actually extracts so i know it's either me or that file?
joecop67
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deleted

Last edited by joecop67 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07; edited 1 time in total
gethyphyy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
okay so i got it to extract. i restarted my computer and disabled my avast security sheilds and bam. it popped up. haha. wow. anyways i'll let ya know how the flash goes Very Happy
gethyphyy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
flash was a success! wahoooo. now i just need to figure out how to reduce my ping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: