TP-Link WDR4300 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
samgu
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doppel-D wrote:
What? LEDs are working?! Open-wrt I'am coming Wink Seriously...good news regarding 5Ghz stability

Yes, both network LEDs work fine!!
Sponsor
Nadeem97
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
samgu wrote:
Doppel-D wrote:
What? LEDs are working?! Open-wrt I'am coming Wink Seriously...good news regarding 5Ghz stability

Yes, both network LEDs work fine!!

Just posting an update guys: Setting 5ghz width to 20MHZ does not fix the drop outs issue. I don't know why it worked at first but it's gone really bad now. Both (2.4GHZ and 5GHZ channels) drop randomly now.

I have now switched to OpenWRT full time. I am not experiencing any issues. And regarding QoS: I have found SQM for OpenWRT (stands for smart queue management). It's very easy to setup and there is no need to setup individual priority profiles for packet types.
Doppel-D
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nadeem97 wrote:
OpenWRT is no good for me- the way you set up QoS isn't really for me and that's why I mainly use DDWRT- so I uninstalled it and reverted back to DDWRT.

Nadeem97 wrote:
I have now switched to OpenWRT full time.

So your point of view changed. What about the learning curve or don't you use QOS anymore?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
there are two things I found when configuring DD WRT on my TPLink wdr4300

1. If you set DHCP reservation on an IP already being used by somebody in your network, the whole dhcp stack crashes and (at least in my case) I could not bring it back to live... removing the reservation didn't solve it. Full reset (30/30/30) did.

2. I cannot set forwarding properly. And - yes, I know it is a FAQ, but I am trying to achieve forwarding to publish one of my VMs's RDP port over through VPN.

OpenVPN works perfect. The router is behind another NAT (ISP's router).

My port forwarding looks like that:

Every time I press apply, the device hangs totally... A bit annoying if you want to troubleshoot other things... anybody has an idea how to configure it properly?
Nadeem97
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Doppel-D wrote:
Nadeem97 wrote:
OpenWRT is no good for me- the way you set up QoS isn't really for me and that's why I mainly use DDWRT- so I uninstalled it and reverted back to DDWRT.

Nadeem97 wrote:
I have now switched to OpenWRT full time.

So your point of view changed. What about the learning curve or don't you use QOS anymore?

It's drastically different from DD-WRT. And that's why it'll get some getting used to. As I mentioned in the above post, I have found SQM for QoS, it's easy to set up and the instructions are on OpenWRT wiki.

Also, now is a good time to switch to OpenWRT because just last week it recevied the first 'stable' update in 6 months. So you should be up to date and stable out of the box.
Doppel-D
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nadeem97 wrote:
see above

I overread SQM part....so overall good news. For now I will stay on dd-wrt because I have no massive drop outs like you had & got a "bug" fixed which was based on using copy&paste and my own lack of knowledge...and a bad memory ;- )

Thanks again for reporting back!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:35    Post subject: New firmware Reply with quote
It's all right? Could help me?

What is the best firmware for use in a TPLINK WDR 4300 currently?

I will test the r26622 and 27506.
rnbwd3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
openwrt is stable - beautiful gui's - easy to use, powerful - consistent. I tried dd-wrt when openwrt was not so user friendly. Times have changed.
gbonny
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:22    Post subject: Re: New firmware Reply with quote
oneonvanhalen wrote:
It's all right? Could help me?

What is the best firmware for use in a TPLINK WDR 4300 currently?

I will test the r26622 and 27506.

I'm still on 26622. Haven't had time to test the past half year. I'm not hopeful with the reports from others about the latest versions. However you have to test if for yourself wether you are OK with a new version or not (everyone uses a different configuration).

BRCM WRT320N v1.0 27858 mega K3.10 - access point
rnbwd3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a dd-wrt build more stable than arokhs builds for openwrt - http://luci.subsignal.org/~trondah/wdr3x_4x/

Or the this one from BB https://github.com/gwlim/Openwrt_Firmware?files=1

I'm genuinely curious because I used dd-wrt for over a year - then the builds became unpredictable and when I looked at openwrt I found these builds - none of which I've had to change for performerance decreases or inconsistencies. I max out at 117 in the lower bands, 300 in the higher bands. There's slightly more performance in the optimized BB build, but it also works perfect in arokhs nightly. Material theme lets me set up on my settings on mobile and looks great - auto configures 3 types of vpn, built in tor (turned off by default) - they use the latest sqm scripts in development from the bufferbloaf project , ad blockers, client to client repeater works great.

But i want something more powerful with less features for my wdr4300 - is dd-wrt stable?
Forceflow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r29218 std (03/07/16) without any problems whatsoever btw.
zmok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I am using dd-wrt for over 2 years and never upgraded my firmware version. I want to upgrade to the latest version because I have some instability issues with 5ghz wifi.
When I installed dd-wrt the first time I downloaded the file from the router database. I see that there are only 3 files there and they are all from 2013. I think I have to download the newest firmware from this FTP link.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/04-05-2016-r29409/tplink_tl-wdr4300v1/

Can I just pick the latest build and flash the file tl-wdr4300-webflash.bin on the webinterface of my router (after I reset the settings to factory default) or are other steps I have to do first?
Many thanks for the help.
TAZ427
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
zmok wrote:
Hi, I am using dd-wrt for over 2 years and never upgraded my firmware version. I want to upgrade to the latest version because I have some instability issues with 5ghz wifi.
When I installed dd-wrt the first time I downloaded the file from the router database. I see that there are only 3 files there and they are all from 2013. I think I have to download the newest firmware from this FTP link.
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/04-05-2016-r29409/tplink_tl-wdr4300v1/

Can I just pick the latest build and flash the file tl-wdr4300-webflash.bin on the webinterface of my router (after I reset the settings to factory default) or are other steps I have to do first?
Many thanks for the help.

The difference is the 2013 is the last release version. Technically all other ones in the betas directories are BETAS. You could go through all the release information across those betas to see what things have been fixed/features added that you care about, but the 2013 version should be as stable as they come. The betas may give you some extra features but you may see some stability issues. Personally I plan on upgrading mine to the 26218 ver since rnbwd3 is reporting it as stable for him and there's nothing new in the few releases since that I care about.

It's really about what you care the most about. If you want your cake and eat it to, then look through the threads to see if you can find a recent release that's being reported as stable. If stability is your key then go with the recommended release based on your router ID (i.e the 2013 release.)
Bloof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
rnbwd3 wrote:
openwrt is stable - beautiful gui's - easy to use, powerful - consistent. I tried dd-wrt when openwrt was not so user friendly. Times have changed.

Thanks for your recommendation. I flashed openwrt chaos calmer on my wdr4300 v1.2, uptime 6 days now. After 6 months of various issues with dd-wrt, now I have no problems with 5G dropout, and wifi speed is great.
gamefreak
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quick question as i am unable to read the whole thread Very Happy I installed DDWRT on my WDR4300 V1 and noticed that i am not getting my full 100 Mbit on LAN (= wired). Is this a common issue? Anything i can do about it? I would like to be able to wake on lan a device on my network at any port activity on port xy. It works fine on DD Wrt with a specific script but i might have to revert back to the standard firmware if i only get about 60-80% of my bandwidth. QOS is disabled btw..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47, 48, 49  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 42 of 49
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: