WBMR-HP-G300H revert to original firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
jarkkoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 19:36    Post subject: WBMR-HP-G300H revert to original firmware Reply with quote
Now that there is new firmware available from Buffalo how can one revert 'back' to it from dd-wrt? Tried TFTP-method mentioned in many threads here (though the insturctions are for different routers and not for WBMR) with no luck, just can't get anything transferred.

Why to revert? Well because of the non-working LAN switch for starters, and it seems that ADSL works better with the original firmware (betters speeds with Annex M).

I know this has been asked many times before but if someone knows how to do this it would be nice to share the information.
Sponsor
tuananh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code:
Ver1.78

[Bug fix]
Fixed the problem that Internet LED does not light after getting the IP.
Fixed the problem that it is not displayed with [No Internet Cable] if modular cable is unplugged.
Fixed the problem that Power LED is repeated flashing red(five times) after repairing Network error.

Ver1.74

First release

doesn't look like a huge update to me.

i got my router replaced and i thought ok, maybe i will stick with the default one for awhile. it sucks, big time. so i went back to dd-wrt anyway.
jarkkoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
tuananh wrote:

i got my router replaced and i thought ok, maybe i will stick with the default one for awhile. it sucks, big time. so i went back to dd-wrt anyway.

That's not the point. Many WBMR-users have been waiting the possibility to revert back to factory firmware and it has been said that it's not possible until a firmware update comes available from Buffalo.

I have no big issues with dd-wrt, other than the not working LAN switch (and really, this has been a problem for a long time and many builds now?), now that I have PPTP server working again but I still would like to have the change to revert back. And as I said, with Annex M connections I got better speeds, especially upstream, with the factory firmware.
tomcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
jarkkoo wrote:
tuananh wrote:

That's not the point. Many WBMR-users have been waiting the possibility to revert back to factory firmware and it has been said that it's not possible until a firmware update comes available from Buffalo.

I have no big issues with dd-wrt, other than the not working LAN switch (and really, this has been a problem for a long time and many builds now?), now that I have PPTP server working again but I still would like to have the change to revert back. And as I said, with Annex M connections I got better speeds, especially upstream, with the factory firmware.

agreed. it would be good to know if we can revert back to the original firmware by just updating the firmware from the currently installed dd-wrt.
galmo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 23:58    Post subject: WBMR-HP-G300H revert to original firmware Reply with quote
Hello I've tried and does not work.
To get the original firmware fails.
Have if someone can help us?
Regards and thanks
rossini
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
UP
Valthos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Brainslayer claimed he has a modified orig firmware we could flash via the GUI

but like many things he says it never came to light.
LooseTraffic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am interested as well.

But only because I want to sell it as I now have cable-internet. Wink
SoNic67
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is the biggest problem with DD-WRT. It does NOT revert easily to factory firmware and that is not said in any disclaimers.
My experience with DD-WRT is that the included WiFi drivers are not really at the same level as the original drivers. And that leads to problems.
For your specific case, OpenWRT has a wiki page:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wbmr-hp-g300h

Quote:
The router bootloader has a tftp client, which will try to connect to 192.168.11.2 and load a file called firmware.ram
Push the AOSS button and power on the router. Keep the AOSS button for about 5 seconds pushed. When the AOSS button is pushed the LED below power will also light up on start. You can verify with wireshark, if everything works as expected. There should be a tftp request from 192.168.11.1 to 192.168.11.2 for a file firmware.ram. Then This file will be transmitted and after that the ip 192.168.11.1 vanishs, because you see your computer asking to whom this ip belongs.

So... try that. I use tftpd32
jarkkoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
SoNic67 wrote:
This is the biggest problem with DD-WRT. It does NOT revert easily to factory firmware and that is not said in any disclaimers.
My experience with DD-WRT is that the included WiFi drivers are not really at the same level as the original drivers. And that leads to problems.
For your specific case, OpenWRT has a wiki page:

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wbmr-hp-g300h

Quote:
The router bootloader has a tftp client, which will try to connect to 192.168.11.2 and load a file called firmware.ram
Push the AOSS button and power on the router. Keep the AOSS button for about 5 seconds pushed. When the AOSS button is pushed the LED below power will also light up on start. You can verify with wireshark, if everything works as expected. There should be a tftp request from 192.168.11.1 to 192.168.11.2 for a file firmware.ram. Then This file will be transmitted and after that the ip 192.168.11.1 vanishs, because you see your computer asking to whom this ip belongs.

So... try that. I use tftpd32

How can this be used to flash stock firmware back? I mean how can I get the firmware.ram, just use the stock firmware file?

I just was able to get my hands on to another WBMR, and with stock firmware my internet was a bit faster what comes to dsl line speed, and also clearly better surfing experience over wlan (response was a lot better overall).
espinete2004
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whit this metod you can copy original wbmr firmware with serial tftp and revert to ddwrt mbwr.

This metod is for wzr but it's quite similar to wbmr. Only changes the adreasable memory of two devices. But it's no easy.

http://scarygliders.net/2010/02/23/hacking-around-the-japanese-buffalo-wzr-hp-g300n/
babayko
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news about the factory firmware? As I understand there are two ways to flash stock firmware from Buffalo.
1. Change web interface to understand this format - i think that BrainSlayer can help us
2. try to convert firmware from buffalo into firmware.ram to revert via tftp.
What do you think?
normann
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here ist a methode to flash back the original firmware for a WZR-HP-G300. The same could be the solution for a WBMR.

Router Linksys WRT54G V2.2, DD-WRT V24 mini
jarkkoo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
normann wrote:
Here ist a methode to flash back the original firmware for a WZR-HP-G300. The same could be the solution for a WBMR.

So far no luck with this method, at least I couldn't get it to work after trying quite a few times both with OSX and Win7/8.

A bit funny this thing, first the developers said that it's not possbile to revert back to factory fw because no firmware was available for download, and now that there is, complete silence as if no one is interested. But, after all, dd-wrt is free so.. And we all knew when flashing it to WBMR that there's a possibility that we can never go back to factory fw Smile
normann
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is another method for the the Router.
I will taste it with my Router in few day's.
On my Router is the original fw. It don't should any problems.

Router Linksys WRT54G V2.2, DD-WRT V24 mini
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: