Trying to reset TP-Link TL-WR841N using Serial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
dutchcow94
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 20:58    Post subject: Trying to reset TP-Link TL-WR841N using Serial Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Apologies if i'm posting this on the wrong forum, but I'm running across issues resetting my router to factory firmware after flashing the wrong DD-WRT (my own fault)

Here's what my serial connection (115200 8 N 1) looks like:

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I'm using thisserial adapter (bought it there too).

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, check this wiki if you have not done so: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd

Depending on which version you are having, you may need a pullup resistor. Check the serial section on the wiki.

If you have already done as per the wiki, then there is possibility that you have corrupted the U-boot area on the firmware.
dutchcow94
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
Hi, check this wiki if you have not done so: http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd

Depending on which version you are having, you may need a pullup resistor. Check the serial section on the wiki.

If you have already done as per the wiki, then there is possibility that you have corrupted the U-boot area on the firmware.

Thanks for the link to the wiki.

I've connected it with a 10k resistor between Tx and VCC. Now I see this:

ckm
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
pull the 10k resistor out plug everything up check the voltage at rx and tx it should read 3.3 or very close to it.If thats ok good if not thin thats the problem,if the voltage checks ok thin as soon as you see "Autobooting in 1 seconds" type "tpl" quickly to start a uboot console.The prompt looks like this
ar7240> whin you see this prompt you are ready to type reset or any other commands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: