how to change SSID via telnet without reboot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
supertimes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:38    Post subject: how to change SSID via telnet without reboot Reply with quote
I'm trying to set the ssid with "nvram set" and "nvram commit", but I don't want to use "reboot" to update the new settings.

How to figure out what services the "Apply Settings" button in the GUI stops/starts?

Found some suggestions in the forum, such as "stopservice wland / startservice wland" and others
but they either don't seem to have an effect or the command is not available in my package (e.g. "wlconf")

(Using Asus N10+ with BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/04-09-11-r16754/Asus-RT-N10PLUS )
Sponsor
donaldk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know this an old thread.

You can do your 'nvram set' commands in telnet, and then open a web browser, go to a page that has the 'apply settings' however one that doesn't interfere with the telnet settings done. Depress apply, wait for the page to reload, go back to telnet window and read the nvram to verify.

Method has been tested on ancient Linksys WRT350N and two TP-Link Archer C7s.

This is how I have to configure my WRT350N when its overclocked to 390Mhz because the nvram commit specifically doesn't work (everything else does). This method also allows me to hot down-clock the router for flashing (as doing that overclocked is dangerous).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: