wrt350n old box almost recovered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mito
DD-WRT User

Location: Buenos Aires-Argentina, End of World and new Pope's home.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03    Post subject: wrt350n old box almost recovered Reply with quote
Hi all, cleaning all stuff found a forgoten bricked 350n that was later on replaced by several routers, years ago i gave up trying to recover it. I would like to give it another opportunity as time passed and i learnt about routers. It had the power led blinking for months and never stopped and didn't respond to ping. Yesterday I tftp it with v24 12548 NewD mini and was succesfull! after 10 minutes it came back to life and i erased all data in NVRAM memory and got LAN conection but no wifi, could surf the web for a while up to when i decided to check any wifi status and here began again the power led blinking and could not get conection neven again. Tftp again and now the router is conected to LAN, manually configure IP Adress to 192.168.1.20 , Sub Net Mask 255.255.255.0 , Default Get Away 192.168.1.1 , DNS Server 192.168.1.1 , Local Area Connection Speed 100 Mbps, Status Connected, Ping TTL=64, but no any internet at all nor any wifi.
Tftp it again, and succesfully again, made a 30-30-30 and everything the same, no connection but Windows tell me i am connected.
In this moment i am better than befeore because now it has a firm, power and Lan leds on.
Does somebody can give me a hand and tell me what i am missing? I'll appreciate a lot.
Rgds.
mito
Sponsor
mito
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, today tftp 19519 mini trailed bin and now LAN is fine, connected and surfing the web, but not the wifi that is "off" by default and impossible to switch to "on"
Any help is appreciated.
rgds.
mito
mito
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Solved! many thanks to all who helped me, including sveasoft who gave me the exact tip.
My wrt350n after 5 years is now healthy.
Rgds.
mito
Psychotek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:02    Post subject: old post but what the heck Reply with quote
So what was the tip for those who have revived a wrt350n? Also this thing keeps rebooting on stock and custom firmware. Any ideas?
mito
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
First of i ping it but no response while always power light blinking, this thing happened during many years so i gave up. To make the story short, i put apart all the 350n covers, and once done, with a lot of care took apart the radio card not cutting the cables to make sure it was not interfering the boot, once done that i tftp it with 12548 mini bin and was succesfull stopping blincking, waited 10 minutes to let it settle and then configured the LAN and got connection with the web, to be sure i used it a lot of hours and was fine, once sure it was running fine i powered off and with a lot of care i assembled back again the radio card that is very risky because there are a lot of small pins to match with. Once done powered again the unit and wait to settle and tested if working the LAN that was fine, then pressed the reset button only once to reset the radio card up to when the power light started blincking and let the 350n make its own circle, once done wifi was off but bacause of me that didn't assembled all the pins exactly so did it again with care, then reset again and i have again my unit as new, latter on i put in the v24-sp2 (07/20/12) mini 19519 firm with "Reset to default settings" and by now runs great and i am making all test in "G" mode and Tx 18, also replying you with 350n wifi.
Finally it seems that the radio card was blocked or whataver and didn't allow the unit to boot nor receive a new firm, and resetting the unit by parts did the trick.
Btw, manually configure IP address as per my first post.
This way worked for me and hope could help you.
Excuse my english.
Rgds.
mito
mito
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:12    Post subject: Linksys wrt350n already recovered Reply with quote
Thx to all.
mito
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: