Buffalo WZR-600DHP vs WZR-HP-AG300H?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fhajad wrote:
buddee wrote:
Are you upgrading from buffalo dd-wrt or community dd-wrt?

It would be upgrading from the Buffalo DD-WRT.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Buffalo_WZR-HP-AG300H#WZR-600DHP

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
asinblue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 15:09    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote
thanks for the link. I just updated to custom after seeing some problems with the Buffalo pro version. I noticed router would lock and lose connection to internet and then all wireless clients would lose connection to lan.
emunity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
So from the wiki we do not have to do a 30,30,30 hard reset. We just have to do reset to defaults from within the router which it says is the same as a hard reset?

Can you also do the 30,30,30 or there is no need for this with the Atheros Chipsets?

I am also wondering why we have to set the ip addresses/gateway as per wiki before we do the dd-wrt flash?

Final question. Is anyone seeing radio WIFI dropouts if channel is left to auto and it somewhat going away if hard set to a channel?

Does this router have the Ath9K? I see a thread on it regarding dropouts.
Thanks
asinblue
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't do a 30,30,30 reset. just a hard reset off router button. I believe the ip change is so you know what ip is being used and everything is set to default. I once did a firmware update with my own ip address scheme that i like to use and when I bricked the router when i ran into problems I couldn't connect to it using the various methods of de-bricking my router. a complete headache you can avoid by simply going with the defaults in my opinion.

Don't know about radio drops. with one day exception, its worked great since moving to custom build. i've switched channel to a less used one in my neighborhood. it sucks the range of channels overlap but that's wifi. use inssider to scan channels.

emunity wrote:
So from the wiki we do not have to do a 30,30,30 hard reset. We just have to do reset to defaults from within the router which it says is the same as a hard reset?

Can you also do the 30,30,30 or there is no need for this with the Atheros Chipsets?

I am also wondering why we have to set the ip addresses/gateway as per wiki before we do the dd-wrt flash?

Final question. Is anyone seeing radio WIFI dropouts if channel is left to auto and it somewhat going away if hard set to a channel?

Does this router have the Ath9K? I see a thread on it regarding dropouts.
Thanks
emunity
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the responce. Well that makes sense if something were to go wrong by having those settings on the PC it may be easier to unbrick I am guessing or just not allow any other traffic to interfere during the flashing.

I returned my WZR-D1800H for two N600's. For the price of one I can get 2 N600 routers which is all I will ever need as far as bandwidth and the N600 is made to run DD-WRT where the WZR-D1800H is not as far as stock DD-WRT from Buffalo.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: