QoS : dd-wrt vs. LinkSys stock firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
trolled
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:15    Post subject: QoS : dd-wrt vs. LinkSys stock firmware Reply with quote
I'm currently using a LinkSys WRT54G v4 with stock firmware to share an ADSL Internet connection from my modem with a flat mate who runs P2P streaming video s/w.

Without QoS enabled previously, it took 3 to 5 minutes to load a web page or time out. With QoS enabled, things have improved to 1 to 2 minutes for loading / refreshing a web page. Worse than my old days of 56K modem.

I'm wondering in what ways are the QoS implementation in dd-wrt better than the stock firmware in term of flexibility, effectiveness or performance? Since the stock firmware already comes with some basic QoS features.

Is it OK for me to flash the dd-wrt micro version on my WRT54G? Installation guides usually recommend the mini or standard version of dd-wrt.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: