Sharing PPTP connection on another VPN tunnel

depam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 14:51    Post subject: Sharing PPTP connection on another VPN tunnel Reply with quote
I recently subscribed to a VPN provider and I used to connect to it via PPTP. This is done by choosing PPTP on the WAN connecction type.

I have two routers currently both installed with DD-WRT. The main router serve my default LAN clients and I have attached another router on the main one which is the one responsible in connecting to the VPN provider via PPTP. Clients on my LAN can either choose from the two wireless router AP if they want to be connected to the main router which has all the bandwidth and local loop or connect to the second one.

One thing I notice is that once the PPTP is connected, the WAN IP will be the one provided by the provider and it will be completely inaccessible from the main router. Clients connected to it can access it though.

Is there a way to share this connecton outside by establishing a different tunnel so that users outside of my own network can connect to via VPN?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: