DIR 615 Repeater Birdge ahhhhhhhhhh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
lurch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 19:10    Post subject: DIR 615 Repeater Birdge ahhhhhhhhhh! Reply with quote
Evening everyone. I've spent the last 2 days trying to setup my DIR 615 as a repeater bridge with my Linksys WAG320N.

I've tried following these guides
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72478&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wlan_Repeater

To no avail. Tonight I made some headway in the fact that after a factory reset I setup

wireless > basic settings > wireless mode > client
put in my ssid of my Linksys then goto

wireless > wireless security
and enter my WPA2 Personal details I tried setting to AES+TKIP like the Linksys is set to but this doesn't work for some reason so set to AES and low and behold I was able to ping the outside world but nothing internally.

Now at the moment the the DLINKS got a WAN ip and when changing wireless mode to 'repeater birdge' it says wan disabled in the top right corner. I've tried all the settings as per the guides but can't seem to get it to work in repeater mode, as i've had it working in client mode I must be half way there ha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
jfish99
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have set up many 615d connecting as repeater bridge to ddwrt and non ddwrt routers and it never fails

I always make sure the wifi channel is set on the repeater bridge router to match the main router wifi settings .. I would start with wep encryption first and once it is connecting and you have a link change over to wpa2 aea. Also set it as router in advance routing page

doing this always works for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: