DD-WRT Firmware for Netgear R6300

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
blinded
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 21:09    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote
You don't have to stick with 23720 as 23770 is available with new and old driver and I just tested it with the old driver override works and in my test through one concrete ceiling my signal jumps from -70 to -50 if I set 500mW on 5G.[/quote]

can u link to it ? cause i only find one 23770 on your ftp and that the new driver
Sponsor
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 21:22    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote
blinded wrote:
You don't have to stick with 23720 as 23770 is available with new and old driver and I just tested it with the old driver override works and in my test through one concrete ceiling my signal jumps from -70 to -50 if I set 500mW on 5G.

can u link to it ? cause i only find one 23770 on your ftp and that the new driver[/quote]

Ah sorry you are using the V!, since I didn't see anyone report stability issues on the single cores I did not yet build oldd for these units and I wassn't aware of the power output problem until now.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 21:25    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
blinded wrote:
You don't have to stick with 23720 as 23770 is available with new and old driver and I just tested it with the old driver override works and in my test through one concrete ceiling my signal jumps from -70 to -50 if I set 500mW on 5G.

can u link to it ? cause i only find one 23770 on your ftp and that the new driver

Ah sorry you are using the V!, since I didn't see anyone report stability issues on the single cores I did not yet build oldd for these units and I wassn't aware of the power output problem until now.[/quote]
=p ok , yeah im using the netgear r6300 v1,, would be awesome if u got the time to fix it =P
Curtman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
there must be someone else here who can take a backup of their boot loader and post it.
It is as easy as pointing a browser to http://192.168.1.1/backup/cfe.bin

LOM wrote:
peidre wrote:
Hi, first time poster, please go easy on me...

I have v1 of this router.

Can you then please help another user who has damaged his boot loader (cfe) by accidentally erasing it, open your browser to http://192.168.1.1/backup/cfe.bin then save the file and upload it as an attachment to your next post.

Thanks for trying. Sad

blinded ? Please?

I'll beg if it will help.

Laughing
peidre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
peidre wrote:

You're right, I did mix them up. The only option for AC on my firmware is AC and N. It's my understanding that the slowest device on the network slows everything down. That is to say, if an N device connects, the AC devices go down to N speeds. Is that correct? So I shouldn't share this network with anyone else, unless they have an AC chipset? Is there a way to make a third network for N only and AC only? Finally, can I have a guest network? Thanks!

No virtual AP always use the settings from the physical device.

As for guest:

http://tips.desipro.de/2013/12/06/guest-wifi-setup-dd-wrt/

Thanks! I followed your guide but I get a connection timeout when I try to connect. What IP should I be using? I assume that is the problem? Here is my config... https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ebcn2qss94ew5k/Screenshot%202014-03-27%2018.37.24.png

Thanks!
blinded
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 21:22    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote
Ah sorry you are using the V!, since I didn't see anyone report stability issues on the single cores I did not yet build oldd for these units and I wassn't aware of the power output problem until now.[/quote]

Hey kong did you find a solution to the problem? or did you get an answer of bs if it's the drivers that make it?
peidre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm currently running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/25/13) mega on my R6300. I want to install Kong's build, dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC.bin

When I go to firmware update, I select that file and then Google Chrome changes the page and says the page can't be found. No changes were made. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
SHANE523
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 18:27    Post subject: QoS Reply with quote
I just upgraded to 23770 on a V1 R6300 so I am unsure if this is fixed or even a known issue.

When I enable QoS and run a speed test it kills my wireless.

I have 50 down 5 up, the test starts and I end up having to disconnect my wireless and reconnect to get access again.

If QoS is disabled I have no issues, test runs through and finishes.

All I am doing in the QoS is trying to limit one of my devices to have a maximum upload of 3Mbps by using MAC priority. The device that is wireless and running the speed test is not controlled and Default Bandwidth Level is not enabled.

Any suggestions?
peidre
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
peidre wrote:
I'm currently running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/25/13) mega on my R6300. I want to install Kong's build, dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC.bin

When I go to firmware update, I select that file and then Google Chrome changes the page and says the page can't be found. No changes were made. Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Sorry to bother again, but I'm still at a loss here about upgrading to Kong's build. Any advice?

Thanks!
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 17:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
peidre wrote:
peidre wrote:

Thanks!

Sorry to bother again, but I'm still at a loss here about upgrading to Kong's build. Any advice?

Thanks!

Here is a thought. Try another browser.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
peidre wrote:
peidre wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!

Here is a thought. Try another browser.

I did, thanks. Sad

I tried Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and I tried IE, Chrome and Firefox in a Windows 7 VM.
Curtman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Curtman wrote:

If and when someone is kind enough to upload a cfe for the R6300v1, is there a partitioning header I need to create with mtd-utils? Or does CFE begin at 0 offset, and know the partition layout?

It seems tobleroni has disappeared but there must be someone else here who can take a backup of their boot loader and post it.
It is as easy as pointing a browser to http://192.168.1.1/backup/cfe.bin

Curtman wrote:

I was thinking of trying with a CFE from a WNDR4500, which is very similar. I.E. when you download the GPL source for the R6300v1, its profile is set to WNDR4500. They have different serial flash chips, and the NAND is obviously different. But I assume Linux knows what to do with that. RAM would be problematic I guess.

That will not work, the cfe is highly hardware dependent (ram type, ram config values, gpio lines, among others) and will also check the netgear board number before loading any firmware.
Wait for someone to come up with the cfe backup!

You just write it as it is in the very start of flash, there are no headers to add.

Since NOBODY was willing to upload the file, I scoured eBay for auctions of this router and managed to acquire one...

In the hopes that nobody ever has to go through this again, I got a dump of mtd0 with the stock firmware by doing:

Code:
cat /dev/mtd0ro > mtd0.img
(to a usb stick)

Do you think I can just hex edit the MAC and flash it, or is there a CRC that will need to be updated?

mtd0.img.bz2
 Description:
R6300v1_CFE_Dump_FCCPY312100188

Download
 Filename:  mtd0.img.bz2
 Filesize:  513.97 KB
 Downloaded:  527 Time(s)

sdspieg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 23:26    Post subject: Stuck Reply with quote
I have two R6300 (v1) that I decided to upgrade to DD-RWT. On one of the two, this (after some trial and error) worked perfectly fine and it is up and running now. But on the other one, I seem to be totally stuck. So I was wondering if anybody had any ideas I could still try.
Here's what I did

I upgraded to dd-wrt.v24-K3_R6300.chk via the Netgear GUI
    I was able to get in there a few times (to change the username/password; and to change the router name, SSID etc.
    But now I can't do anything anymore. When I wire-connect my notebook to the router, it tries connecting, but keep saying "Identifying... No network access". When I then manually change the IPv4 settings (giving my notebook a manual IP address and entering 192.168.1.1 as gateway), it says Network 2, but also 'No network access'. When I then enter 192.168.1.1 in ANY browser, it does seem to try for a long time, but ends up with "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.1." And the same with Chrome or MSIE.
    I have hard-rebooted the router (30-30-30) at least 10 times, but nothing changes.

So if anybody has any ideas about what I could still try, I'd be very grateful.
realdreams
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
test results on R6300 v1

24461 no wl driver for wl0 and wl1

24160 same as 24118

24118 5G interface SSID can't be set (" size="20" maxlength="32" onblur="valid_name(this,wl_basic.label3)" value="" />)

24200M newd time zone not working, wl1 (5G) not working (treated as 2.4G interface in channel selection)
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
realdreams wrote:

24200M newd time zone not working, wl1 (5G) not working (treated as 2.4G interface in channel selection)

Typical error if you did not reset correctly.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: