Belkin f6d4230-4 v3 firmware upload via tftp help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
commnet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 16:43    Post subject: Belkin f6d4230-4 v3 firmware upload via tftp help Reply with quote
I have a spare Belkin f6d4230-4 v3 router that I'd like to set up as a wireless repeater bridge. Found a dd-wrt.v24 micro firmware with the warning to use the tftp method only as uploading via the router's GUI could brick the router. Well, I've been trying for two days now. Tried on a linux and on a windows 7 machine without success. On the windows machine I'm running a continuous ping and initiate the tftp client as soon as I get the first response to the ping. Yet I always get the same "server unreachable" or "server not responding" message from the tftp client. On the linux machine I've tried to run the following while alternately power cycling or resetting the router using various timings:
tftp 192.168.2.1
>binary
>rexmt 1
>trace
>put dd-wrt xxxxxx

I have even tried the GUI upload with no luck. Otherwise, the router works fine and uploads genuine Belkin firmware via it's GUI without any problems. It seems that this router is un-upgradable and un-brickable. Naturally, tried factory reset and 30-30-30 reset and of course, the PC and router are on the same domain.

There have to be a wait state gap as the GUI uploads genuine firmware fine, but there must be more to it than just hitting the right spot. I have no idea how to circumnavigate this router's protection. Is there a kill.bin that I could download? Has anyone successfully uploaded the dd-wrt firmware to this router yet, or at least managed to brick it in the process?

I'm running out of ideas and would very much appreciate some guidance. Many thanks for taking the time to read this and look forward to hearing from you.Shocked
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Known_incompatible_devices#List_of_Incompatible_Devices

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many thanks. What confused me was that the database lists the router as fully supported with two firmware files available for download. Evidently, this is not correct. Thanks again for staightening this out. Perhaps, the database could be amended accordingly.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
commnet wrote:
Many thanks. What confused me was that the database lists the router as fully supported with two firmware files available for download.

Doesn't do that when I search the router database..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried 304? Last three digits?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are an optimist if you think that F5D and F7D is the same as F6D..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guilty as charged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: