Rosewill L600N support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doubt this router gets any support from us, as no dev has a unit and porting makes no sense if you don't have a unit.
All builds that were done without a unit are usually incomplete and have several problems.
It is just bad practice to add support for a unit that can't be tested by a dev, this means bad quality fw releases.
Not sure if BrainSlayer wants to add support for it, if he does than he would need at least complete info e.g.
serial output, nvram dump, cfe backup

callihn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can try to get you anything you need, I don't have a usb serial cable right now though. As noted it runs Linux now with source code available and root is easy to get too. Just let me know if I can help anymore. I could get a cable if needed and if anyone wants to work on it.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
callihn wrote:
I can try to get you anything you need, I don't have a usb serial cable right now though. As noted it runs Linux now with source code available and root is easy to get too. Just let me know if I can help anymore. I could get a cable if needed and if anyone wants to work on it.

You can ask BrainSlayer. I don't do any ports without a unit as it takes much more time and if something is not working right I can't debug/test.

Users expect builds to be foolproof without the need for serial cable to fix things when they go wrong. I rather support only a few units which deliver a great user experience, instead of publishing builds for every unit that works half way.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Stands to reason.

For others that may read this before purchase...

There's currently no third party firmware for this router and probably never will be, Shibby's Tomato will not install on it from the web interface, there's no running TFTPD server to install on and in spite of this being reported months ago there's no change or even an acknowledgement of the problem. The router, at least with Rosewill's firmware ( Currently v 1.0.3 ) is nothing but garbage, root is easily accessed on the LAN and WLAN so anyone with enough knowledge could easily sniff traffic and or brick the router, certainly not useable in a public environment. The firmware is full of bugs and several features do not work, DDNS for example. The 5G is horrible, it has a very short range. The wireless performance is on par with a squirrel running in a wheel chasing an acorn on a full stomach and in spite of Rosewill A.K.A. Newegg having full disclosure of all of this they have chosen to do nothing and continue to rip people off making money hand over fist. I would stay clear of both of these names and burn the money instead, you'll feel better about it in the long run. I'll be switching back to my Linksys soon, no more 5G for me.
thesofine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 23:29    Post subject: rosewill l600n Reply with quote
Hello, I am trying to help out a friend with the Rosewill L600N. Does anyone know if any of the DD-WRT flashes would work with this unit?
thesofine
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 22:14    Post subject: dd-wrt would be awesome for this router Reply with quote
Hello, I am trying to help a friend with his Rosewill L600N Router. Does anyone have any updates on support for this router? If not, does anyone know of any other alternative firmware for this router?
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
No.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 23:47    Post subject: Re: dd-wrt would be awesome for this router Reply with quote
thesofine wrote:
Hello, I am trying to help a friend with his Rosewill L600N Router. Does anyone have any updates on support for this router? If not, does anyone know of any other alternative firmware for this router?

Shibby tomato supports it. http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26RT-N/build5x-115-EN/Rosewill%20L600N/tomato-K26USB-1.28.RT-N5x-MIPSR2-115-L600N.trx

I don't know if it works. I haven't tried it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Malachi. I will discuss this build with him, but my first response to him was to buy an Asus.
dj_mix
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can someone tell me how to backup the CFE for this router.

I just won this router on EBAY and would like to backup the original CFE before playing with it.

I also plan to dump the entire firmware from the flash chip with my eeprom programmer.

Any plans for DD-wrt support??
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: