WHR-HP-G54 amp?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
oogie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:58    Post subject: WHR-HP-G54 amp? Reply with quote
K I'm on dd-wrt v.24 RC-3 and i don't think the built in amp is working. the signal is about 12% worse on my wireless clients than a week ago and nothing has been moved around, and when i change the xmit 1 to 84 mw it makes absolutely no difference. did i burn it out? or is it RC-3? i don't get it, also the boardflags=0x2758. Can any one tell me if there is a way to tell if i did burn out the amp? thanks for any help.
Sponsor
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Changing the transmit power from 1 to 84 mW should make one helluva difference in the signal strength that the clients receive from the router. I don't know if it is an SP3 bug. I never upgrade firmware unless I have a need to.
http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
oogie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
ffs im so damn tired of this crap. theres always something wrong. ok so i get a better signal on channel 6 and only 6 ... ok but what if i have like 4 other APs that are on the same channel? fail. what annoys the piss out of me is that my clients disconnect every 5 damn minutes. btw dont tell me to change the other APs cause im not going door to door telling them to change their routers channel.
oogie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok the main problem im trying to solve is that one of my clients always disconnects. varying from 2 minutes to 1 hour. 1 thing that i think is the problem is that the clients card has an atheros chipset and my router has a broadcom chipset. 2 windows live messenger may be the problem? 3 clients nic drivers? that may give you some info why they disconnect but how to solve it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: