Cisco / Linksys E1200 Brick (TTL=100?!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
BennyBron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:46    Post subject: Cisco / Linksys E1200 Brick (TTL=100?!) Reply with quote
This time, I promise, I have read the stickies and unlike last time, I UNDERSTOOD SOME BUT NOT ALL.

I have had my e1200 running Tomato v1.28.0095 MIPSR2_Flash_From_Stock_Firmware K26 USB VPN.
I wanted dd-wrt on my router so i have read the wiki. the wiki says to flash a Trailed Initial Flash Build from stock firmware.

as said above, my router did not have stock firmware so i have tried to flash it though the web-gui of tomato.

reboot, and the situation is as follows.

I am about to get a replacement in the next 4 days, serial cables and jtag are not present and even if they were, soldering skills are not optimal, and i would prefer not to open the router..

right now, i can tftp pretty much and bin file i want. (Trailed Initial Flash Build, big build suggested in the wiki, stock fw, tomato.) but nothing happens. the wps just blinks and ttl is 100

30 30 30 reset would get me back to the very start, where i have to push reset 5 seconds to get ttl=100 or send tftp as soon as i power on the router

i have tried to tftp with many different file names, with both windows xp and 7, firewall and av are disabled. sending tftp through cmd is also successful. what are my options for unbricking the router if possible?

telnet is also not assessable

MY ROTUER IS V2

Last edited by BennyBron on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried stock fw?
BennyBron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes, it is written in the first post. i can get ping reply only if the pc is set with a static ip.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wasn't sure if that's what you meant by official.
BennyBron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
will edit the post. i might also notice that when contacting the cisco support they asked what is the condition of the power led. THERE ISNT ONE AND IM NOT BLIND. IT HAS AN ON OFF SWITCH

MY ROUTER IS A V2 SORRY GUYS!
ChuckHL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Was there ever a solution to this problem?
I currently have the same situation. By accident I downgraded to a previous build before noticing that on that build, E1200v2 was not part of the market yet. Because of that my router is currently bricked and I cant unbrick it.

My router is currently on an endless reboot loop.

I am able to upload any firmware using tftp when the router starts but after loading the firmware, the led wont stop flashing.

I have tried uploading the E1200 initial DDWRT firmware, the Linksys E1200v2 current official firmware, and even some tomato firmware but still it does not work. The led wont stop flashing after uploading the firmware. Once I reboot my router, it will continue to reboot endlessly.

And after asking the question and then searching, I found the solution. If anyone has this issue look at the following threads:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=754578
and more importantly, this one:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=318082#318082

I was able to unbrick mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: