Fast FWR171-3G v1.3 - rebranded TP-LINK TL-WR703

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
ebosman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
The 703n having a single ethernet port for use as LAN / WAN.

Attached are some screenshots (login required). You can see that eth0 an eth1 have the same MAC address.

Suggestions are very welcome to configure this unit as a router.
Sponsor
sprattus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the same problem.
sprattus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:41    Post subject: using the TL-WR703n as a router Reply with quote
I found a solution for using the TL-WR703n as a router.
Since it only got one WAN/LAN and the WLAN seem to be on the same bridge by default, I seperated the WLAN and the LAN: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Separate_LAN_and_WLAN
Make sure to add the 3 first lines in Step 3 to get internet.
ebosman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 19:00    Post subject: Re: using the TL-WR703n as a router Reply with quote
Super - that finally solved things.

I created a few screenshots of the procedure and places them on:
https://sites.google.com/site/moosyresearch/fast-fwr171-3g#TOC-Fix-network-ports-in-dd-wrt
zappel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

have I understood it right, that I only need these bridges stuff when I want to have different subnets between wifi and lan?

I am trying to configure my TL-WR703N as a simple wireless access point. Not only for internet access but also to reach other lan devices (i.e. same subnet!)
In the best case, the lan IP address should be received by DHCP.

I am following this guideline:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point

I can connect to the wifi, but I can not access the lan nor the internet. Has anybody a hint for me, please?

Thank you!

Regards, Zappel
omadon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys.

There is bug in bridge kernel module which is manifesting when you remove wireless interface from br0. This bug is preventing you to use eth as wan and wireless as LAN.

I found a workaround. Just copy the script in Administration->Commands->Save Startup form this link http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=175295&view=next&sid=71f816ecfd7c8490d40eb470a562fc39

Explanation is there. I'm running setup with two SSIDs in different VLANs with physical ethernet as WAN port.

If you have second SSID tied to the br1 you need to add following to the iptables to gain Internet access

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s `nvram get br1_ipaddr`/`nvram get br1_netmask` -o `get_wanface` -j SNAT --to `nvram get wan_ipaddr`
oranabana
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 17:21    Post subject: Error 18005 on WR703N flash Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Error 18005 is not a bootloader error, it is an incompatible firmware error as the error message clearly tells.

You can try flashing this file via the update page in the gui, the file will either work or be rejected with the same error message that you got for the other files you tried.

Thanks also for pointing to this. But its not working for mine (3.17.1 Build 140120 Rel.56593n / WR703N v1 00000000). Been trying a lot of different files. The unit is brand new, not even setup.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: