RT-N66U

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pchelp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 16:17    Post subject: RT-N66U Reply with quote
At wits' end. I have tried 100% of ALL of the methods and step-by-steps and builds I can find mentioned (and some not mentioned) in ALL of the N66U-specific FAQs and procedures (as well as some non-specific) and despite absolute and perfect adherence to every step including virtually every possible combination and permutation of the variations thereof, I cannot for all I am worth get my RT-N66Us to accept the DD-WRT firmware.

Results vary slightly but the usual result is a hang at boot that never ends.

I have spent probably 20~30 hours on this, using two essentially identical brand-new routers. I've done the steps with absolute perfection (a feat considering there must be four or five variations thereof scattered about) and I have tried numerous builds and procedural variations that seemed to make sense. Please no one try to tell me I'm doing it wrong. There may be a right way, but I have yet to find it in writing.

IS there a right way? Can this be DONE?
Sponsor
Stephen_m64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
looks like you are having about as much luck as i have had with the RT-N66U and DD-WRT

too much conflicting information for this model of router and every build for it seems unstable for installing.

never have i had as much trouble flashing a custom firmware as for this router. my last resort was to purchase another router (RT-AC68U) which thankfully flashed first attempt and worked without issues.

unless one of the developers of DD-WRT actually start looking into the issues this router has it may be best to cut your losses and switch router models.

Programmer, SSD Validation Tech
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
What's wrong with:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2014/10-29-2014-r25203/broadcom_K3X/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: