Creating telnet autoscript

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Mariius
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 21:45    Post subject: Creating telnet autoscript Reply with quote
Okay, I found the way to unbrick e2500 linksys router witch is stuck in reset loop.
Quote:
I didn’t have the patience to wait a couple days, but I used your information and another tool to get it working. I was able to use TST10, a telnet scripting tool and a script with the commands you used above to make it able to get in to the Management Mode and re-flash. Set your lan IP as suggested in the article.

My e2500 would blink in the following pattern. All lights, twice, followed by power light. Then about 10 secs later all the lan lights would flash, but not the power light, another 10 secs or so, and it would repeat. The middle flashing is when I would need to run the command, and when I’d have telnet access.

Once downloaded create and save the script.txt file. Run the following command
tst10 /r:script.txt /o:output.txt

Again, I had to run it directly after the lan lights flashed, I did have to wait for Win7 to tell me it was connected first.

Once that ran, the lan power light would start flashing, and the reboot pattern would stop. At which point I could go to the management page in a browser and reflash. The new firmware install took some time, but I was given an Uploading status percentage along the way.

tst10
http://support.moonpoint.com/downloads/windows/network/Telnet/tst10.php

link to working wrt firmware listed in the article.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=21986

Script – Copy or at least Make sure Password is capitalized

192.168.1.1 23
WAIT “login”
SEND “root\m”
WAIT “Password”
SEND “admin\m”
WAIT “#”
SEND “erase linux\m”
WAIT “#”
SEND “erase nvram\m”

Could someone please help me understand this a little bit more. I go to commandline, write a path, then use command tst10 /r:input.txt /o:output.txt. The problem is that script doesnt start to run. What this command does is turn on tst10.exe help guide. HOW TO RUN THE DAMN SCRIPT? I am frustrated. I am tryign to unbrick this router for 5 hours now, please help.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: