WRT54G v5 LAN ports.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Zapper
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54    Post subject: WRT54G v5 LAN ports. Reply with quote
Hello. I have an old 54g I've been attempting to restore with no luck. Symptoms are blinking power light, never a DMZ or WLAN light, Ethernet/LAN lights come on but differently on each power up. All 4 Ethernet ports are always dead, show "Network Cable unplugged" on the P.C. whether or not a cable is plugged in.
I have built a Jtag cable (passive type) and using the HairyDairyMaid program I have been able to backup the existing onboard firmware. Looking at each of the different firmware .bin files with a Hex Editor it appears they are all corrupt.
Question, Do the Ethernet ports require firmware to operate and can be Jtag loaded? Almost every 'un-brick' routine I've read uses a tftp or other Ethernet port method to restore the router and I can't do this until I can get these ports to work (if possible).
Appreciate any help and thanks in advance.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: