Netgear WNR2000 v3 (possibly bricked)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
TKerr
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:47    Post subject: Netgear WNR2000 v3 (possibly bricked) Reply with quote
I didn't read the plethora of resources before i started meddling with my router, but from the reading I have done since I think I stumbled onto doing the "right" thing

I went to the downloads page. Saw that my router was supported. Downloaded the factory file and the webflash file. Then using the web GUI attempted to flash the North American factory file. Since then my router will do the following :

The power light is now orange and will blink, then it stops, all lights blink once, then the orange light comes on again.

I feel like I have tried everything to fix this. I have read a lot as well. I have tried the instructions in this post
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=177464

with no success! Sad

the list of things I have done.
1)30-30-30
2)ping the router without setting a static ip ( got a router response from 192.168.0.6 with a ttl of 128)
3)ping the router and setting a static ip(got a router response from 192.168.1.1 with a ttl of 64)
4)I downloaded a tool to tftp and i get what appears to be a positive message but nothing happens to the router after its completed.
Sponsor
JMMazza53
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 16:37    Post subject: WNR2000 v3 cannot use newer builds. Reply with quote
The newest build that can be used with a Netgear WNR2000 v3 is build 18777. This has been posted MANY times. The way that Netgear setup the bootloader on this unit will not accept a firmware build that is any larger than the build 18777 has. So find this build here:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-19-12-r18777/netgear-wnr2000v3/

First install the NA build if you are in North America or the WW build if you are located anywhere else on the planet. After doing this successfully, then update your install using the "Administration" --> "Firmware Upgrade" tab in dd-wrt to the web flash build to get all the features working.

John
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNR2000V3
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

Navigation

Jump to: