First Time Atheros buy....WZR-600DHP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK...looks like the CPU load average is now fixed in builds after 20783....running the nightly now and is comparable to other units I've run.

redhawk.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:
OK...looks like the CPU load average is now fixed in builds after 20783....running the nightly now and is comparable to other units I've run.

redhawk.

Is there an avenue for requesting permission to access nightlies? If not, would someone be able to send me a build >=20783? I'm building a site-to-site OpenVPN tunnel and cannot accurately test encryption performance because of this bug.
fingerslip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
redhawk0 wrote:

redhawk.

nice Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
How can one obtain the new nightly build, I am having the same cpu load issue

Thanks in advance.
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
sosher wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I second that. Where do you find the nightly builds?

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
dpp3530 wrote:
sosher wrote:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

I second that. Where do you find the nightly builds?

You don't, the nightly builds are test builds for known testers, you guys will have to wait for the next build roll.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
You don't, the nightly builds are test builds for known testers, you guys will have to wait for the next build roll.

That's what I was afraid you'd say. My new WZR-600DHP should be here by Friday. Is it a big enough problem I should hold off upgrading until the next build?

Like @Redhawk0, this is my first non-Broadcom router. A whole new world of DD-WRT...

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
sosher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the answer,
Is there a rough estimate on the next release cycle ?

thanks
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
dpp3530 wrote:

That's what I was afraid you'd say. My new WZR-600DHP should be here by Friday. Is it a big enough problem I should hold off upgrading until the next build?

Like @Redhawk0, this is my first non-Broadcom router. A whole new world of DD-WRT...

I wouldn't worry to much about it, even with the high load averages for now - its still performing stable, the build that comes on the unit by default should work fine, but if you feel the need to switch over to community builds, you could - and switch back if need be. what i like to do sometimes is use community builds, then when buffalo releases a new dd-wrt build, i'll switch over to it to kinda check it out and see how it performs, but most times my unit is on community builds.

@sosher: The devs never really give any date as to when they decide to roll a build, but by looks of the timeline, now wouldn't be the ideal time for it, they seem to be prepping and adding code in efforts to support some of the newer AC units, nand flash etc. So i wouldn't think it would be good time to release a build till some of that is worked out and further testing performed. But most likely is sooner than later. Smile

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
I wouldn't worry to much about it, even with the high load averages for now - its still performing stable, the build that comes on the unit by default should work fine, but if you feel the need to switch over to community builds, you could - and switch back if need be.

For those occasions when I'm not working from home, I need the OpenVPN server. From what I've seen, the Buffalo build is missing that feature. The posts I've seen seem to indicate the community build has it, though.

UPS says it's out for delivery. I think I'll be following the procedure in the wiki for the old model tonight (buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin, then wzr-600dhp-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin). Wish me luck.

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
sosher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
dpp3530 ,
Thanks for the time and effort answering my queries.
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
sosher wrote:
dpp3530 ,
Thanks for the time and effort answering my queries.

Credit goes to @Budee. I thank him for answering my questions as well.

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
dpp3530 wrote:

For those occasions when I'm not working from home, I need the OpenVPN server. From what I've seen, the Buffalo build is missing that feature. The posts I've seen seem to indicate the community build has it, though.

UPS says it's out for delivery. I think I'll be following the procedure in the wiki for the old model tonight (buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin, then wzr-600dhp-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin). Wish me luck.

I could be wrong, but i find that rather odd, i recall the buffalo dd-wrt for this unit in particular, as having openvpn they used to even have it listed as one of the promoting features for buying this unit. Anyhow, yes for sure community builds have it.

dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
I could be wrong, but i find that rather odd, i recall the buffalo dd-wrt for this unit in particular, as having openvpn they used to even have it listed as one of the promoting features for buying this unit. Anyhow, yes for sure community builds have it.

You're right, @Buddee, it does. The "firmware manual" only references PPTP, though. I guess they figure if you're going to use OpenVPN, you probably know how to set it up.

I essentially copied the config settings off my old WRT-300N. I can't test OpenVPN at the moment, but I'm hoping it works.

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
dpp3530 wrote:
buddee wrote:

You're right, @Buddee, it does. The "firmware manual" only references PPTP, though. I guess they figure if you're going to use OpenVPN, you probably know how to set it up.

I essentially copied the config settings off my old WRT-300N. I can't test OpenVPN at the moment, but I'm hoping it works.

Aha, yes that's what it was, it didn't specify 'openvpn' per say, but did say the unit was capable of vpn - they just kinda left out the type of vpn.

So long as your openvpn config was copied from a more recent dd-wrt build, it should work fine. The dev team did some adjustments to openvpn where it wasn't working last autumn, users are reporting it working now.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: