Netgear WNDR3700 in client bridged no browsing on LAN ports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
partly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 0:44    Post subject: Netgear WNDR3700 in client bridged no browsing on LAN ports Reply with quote
Hi all!

Ive been struggling with this all morning. I've got my Netgear WNDR3700 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/19/12) std - build 18777 on it connecting to my modem.

I have DHCP pass through, browsing both LAN and Internet on the WLAN on the WNDR3700. When i plug into the LAN ports i only have access to the LAN. I have DNS but cannot browse or ping out.

Any ideas it's driving me crazy now!
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
first, you probably should upgrade your build, that is an older build, secondly, did you make sure to do a hard reset on the unit before deploying it into this setup?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Signature link.. older builds has all sorts of client bridge/client problems before.

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

partly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks guys will try a new build when i get home.

yeah performed a hard reset on the thing before hand.

Smile
partly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
hah well now it seems to be bricked! green flashing light?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can be recovered using TFTP, refer to the WNDR3700 wiki for details.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
partly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah well i managed to transfer the stock firmware onto it via TFTP. it's now _looking_ normal (solid green power, 2.4 and 5ghz leds are on) however i can't get onto it. DHCP not working, setting manual IP can't connect to either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 (is that the default one?)

will keep trying argh
partly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok well, after trying factory firmware again i noticed an old SSID that used to be on it. connected to that and got into the netgear firmware. (how does it remember all that after all the flashing and factory resetting?)

flashed the latest DDWRT and now im back to where i was at the start of the thread! hah. no internet browsing on LAN, have DNS tho i can resolve sites.

very strange, maybe i've had too much chocolate.
partly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
whenever i attempt a 30/30/30 it just goes back to being semi bricked with the green flashing led?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pressing the reset button on the WNDR3700 will put the unit into recovery mode, most times - i hard reset units via the command line, telnet or ssh into the shell - if its the latest 21061 sshd isn't working so you'll have to use telnet, and issue 2 commands:

erase nvram
reboot

That will effectively hard reset the unit.

partly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok cool thanks for letting me know that. i'm going to try another unit to see if this one is just a bad one. i've got another router here somewhere.
partly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
hah well no wonder it didnt make any sense. i plugged my laptop into another modem and noticed no browsing!

ran a repair on the connection via the troubleshooting feature and it kicked into gear. so it was a problem with my laptop the whole time! hah!

Embarassed

i'll get me coat on the way out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: