What about the WNDR4300?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
elbryan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 16:36    Post subject: What about the WNDR4300? Reply with quote
Dear all,
I tried to search in the forum (and in the router database) but there is absolutely no mention of the Netgear WNDR4300.

It is claimed to be the successor of the WNDR4000 and, according to its OpenWRT specs, it seems to be quite powerful:

- Atheros AR9344 based chipset
- 128mb NAND flash
- 128mb RAM

and all sort of things that common routers have (wireless N, 5ghz band, usb port).

Does somebody know if there is some work going on by the DD-wrt folks about this router?

Thank you!
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
With this unit having NAND flash, it is doubtful that the devs are porting for this unit currently - they'd need a unit on their desk, should you be willing to donate one of these units to the dd-wrt devs, i'm fairly sure it'll speed up the porting process for dd-wrt.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
porting of WNDR4300 is done now. i will upload it in some minutes here. since WNDR4300 is identical to the WNDR3700v4 except for a different 5 ghz wireless card, just the WNDR3700v4 was required which i got 2 days ago

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is great news!

Thank you so much brainslayer!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
and here is it. flash it with netgears web interface or tftp recovery. since you can recovery the device with tftp at any time (if the image is broken, tftp turns on automaticly, or simply use the reset button at power on for turning on recovery) its safe todo any experiment with it. you can debrick it without any serial at any time.

MOD Edit: You must be logged onto the forum first to see the attached files. So log into the forum first, then access this thread for the test build.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:31    Post subject: What about the WNDR4300? Reply with quote
Hi BrainSlayer!

Where can I get the latest firmware to work with Netgear WNDR4300?
I went on this link but could not find a WNDR4300 folder...

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/02-11-2013-r20675/

Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:41    Post subject: Re: What about the WNDR4300? Reply with quote
JFBO wrote:
Hi BrainSlayer!

Where can I get the latest firmware to work with Netgear WNDR4300?
I went on this link but could not find a WNDR4300 folder...

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/02-11-2013-r20675/

Thanks

Look at the post right above you.
JFBO
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 14:58    Post subject: What about the WNDR4300? Reply with quote
Thanks Malachi !!!
I could successfully install the DD-WRT firmware from BrainSlayer.

A question about setting up VPN connection to a VPN Provider like HMA or GoldenFrog.
Which tab of the interface do you use because I see VPN in 2 different tabs:
- 1st in Setup > Basic setup > WAN Connection Type
- 2nd: Services > VPN > PPTP Client
What is the difference?
Which one to use?

Thanks
elbryan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 15:50    Post subject: Re: What about the WNDR4300? Reply with quote
JFBO wrote:
Thanks Malachi !!!

A question about setting up VPN connection to a VPN Provider like HMA or GoldenFrog.
What is the difference?
Which one to use?

Thanks

Please, JFBO. Can you report how your router/network works after a couple of days of testing? I'm honestly interested in purchasing this device but I would like to know something more about it. If you can provide some information, it would be awesome!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 16:25    Post subject: Re: What about the WNDR4300? Reply with quote
JFBO wrote:
Thanks Malachi !!!

What is the difference?
Which one to use?

Thanks

simply use the wan page. the other pptp client is for manual special configurations. it was made a long time ago and is still there for historical reasons. so simply use the wan pptp options and all should be fine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
small update: solves cpu load problem

use the .bin file for direct dd-wrt upgrade. the img file is for dlink factory to dd-wrt upgrades (or tftp recovery)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
wireless 2.4 ghz led is now working

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks good!
Flashed and everything I use is working great.
Will report back if I encounter any problems.

BrainSlayer, you are an artist.
Thank you.
pr0metheus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
woohoo thanks so much, can't wait to try it!
mikan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, which of the files above should I use? Sorry, I'm not clear on the difference between a direct dd-wrt upgrade and a dlink factory to dd-wrt upgrade? I'm very new at this.

Thank you!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: