What about the WNDR4300?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
wangmaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
mb7 wrote:
Hey guys,

Is this project still open or is there no hope of a stable build?

If not is there a way to have a vpn capabilities on the router level with this model?

I just picked up a WNDR4300 to replace a buffalo wzr-hp-ag300h and flashed 05/27/13 - 21676 on it and openvpn server on it works fine.
Sponsor
dl200010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I acquired this router because my old belkin died. I have been using DD-WRT in this post and have been having a stability issue. Everything is fine for a while. Day or two, or even a week, goes by and all of a sudden the router is dropping my internet connection and coming back up every five minutes. I have updated to the latest from BrianSlayer, but still the same problem.

Anything to solve this would help. I have had to go back to factory default to keep my connection up.
andjjru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 21:24    Post subject: Stuck at 54Mbps Reply with quote
On build 23204 and wireless is stuck on 54Mbps on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. Anyone have any tips?

EDIT: Nevermind. Switched security from TKIP to AES.
mb7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
wangmaster wrote:
I just picked up a WNDR4300 to replace a buffalo wzr-hp-ag300h and flashed 05/27/13 - 21676 on it and openvpn server on it works fine.

I'm curious to why you chose that build instead of the latest build. I'm new to dd-wrt so I am probably missing something.

Also, if you have some time can you explain the steps you went through to flash this model router, and then configure openvpn.

Thanks
wangmaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
mb7 wrote:
wangmaster wrote:

I'm curious to why you chose that build instead of the latest build. I'm new to dd-wrt so I am probably missing something.

Also, if you have some time can you explain the steps you went through to flash this model router, and then configure openvpn.

Thanks

i picked that version because of this:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/3127

I haven't actually confirmed that bug in any newer version, but I do enough ftp'ing that I didn't want to deal with it and browsing the forums there weren't any bad reports on 21676 so went with that.

As for configuring openvpn, i've done it multiple times on both dd-wrt routers and random linux systems so it wasn't too difficult. Simply went to the services->vpn page and configured it. I don't need any advanced configuration, so I just went with the simple GUI server configuration. I prefer TUN over TAP. Set up my vpn network/netmask. I have an easy-rsa setup for generating keys and reused existing certificates in the various fields and bingo, openvpn itself is all done.

Two additional steps:
The default dnsmasq server doesn't listen on the tun interface so I added:
interface=tun2
to the dnsmasq options. (why tun2? I have no idea but when I ran ifconfig it was the tun interface assigned to the vpn network).

next step was to NAT outbound traffic for the vpn network so I could connect to the internet. For that i added a manual firewall cmd (Administrator->commands)
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING 2 -s [vpnnetwork/mask] -o vlan2 -j SNAT --to-source $(nvram get wan_ipaddr)

replace [vpnnetwork/mask] with your vpn network. vlan2 was is the default wan interface.

and voila, everything worked Smile
wangmaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's a more generic version of the firewall command that should work without any additional substitions:

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING 2 -s $(nvram get openvpn_net)/$(nvram get openvpn_tunmask) -o $(nvram get wan_iface) -j SNAT --to-source $(nvram get wan_ipaddr)
Somethinlik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 16:55    Post subject: Unable to Revert to Factory FW Reply with quote
Hi All,

I was never able to get DD-WRT to run well on the router... It was my first time installing and I may have goofed the procedure a bit, I'm not totally sure though. It installed fine and pulled up, but I was unable to achieve anything other than a "Limited" connection via wired & wireless.

I tried reverting to the factory FW with THIS guide (file is WNDR4300-V1.0.1.42) and now my router seems to be stuck in an infinite restart loop (power light is orange, it recognizes the 1 wired connection, waits a moment and all lights flash like a rest).

Any ideas? May the device be bricked now?

Thanks
TetraSky
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is anyone else having wifi issues with the Netgear WNDR4300 on any firmware since r21676 ?
The wifi just stops working randomly every now and then, but only the 2.4Ghz band is affected, 5Ghz still works when the 2.4Ghz one stops working.
When this happens I have to either reboot the router or change the ack timing on the 2.4Ghz in order the get it to work again.
I've pretty much tried every firmware and am on the latest right now "r23320-fix", still having issues.
Will I really have to revert back to r21676 or is there a way to fix this? (I really like the QoS features in the later versions...)
gstudio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is there a way to set led and button behaviours as Netgear stock firmware?
I need:

- switch on/off using wi-fi button (at the moment I can only switch on, to switch off I need to reboot the router).

- when wi-fi is active I would like to see the led near wi-fi button lights

- when wi-fi is active I would like to see blue leds lights for 2.4GHz/5GHz, at the moment I can see only 5GHz led when a device is connected on this frequency

- I think WPS button doesn't work, but I'm not sure...

Do you know any scripts to fix these issues?
NetGAP
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 14:59    Post subject: WNDR4300 and repeater Reply with quote
Hi,

I've this model, and I've set it to use repeating function. Well, there is a BIG problem: if I configure it how repeater I cannot use wireless security (no WPA) with netgear fw.
So, this is my question: with dd-wrt firmware, can I use repeating function with wireless security ?
jeffa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 16:29    Post subject: Builds for WNDR4300 Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Okay so I'm a noobie to DD-WRT although I do have lots of experience in general. That said I purchased a brand new Netgear WNDR4300, flashed it with BrainSlayers build 22118, configured it, etc. All is generally fine.

However I have an occasional WIFI drop-out in which my computer, IPad, etc will loose connectivity and not re-connect. If I manually select the SSID it will attempt to reconnect and then prompt me for the password - no password will work. It might also be that when this occurs physical cables stop working too (no DHCP, etc). At this point I need to reboot the router.

So that got me looking at the other builds that BrainSlayer has produced explicitly for the 4300 (probably as part of a general purpose build system). I assume that none of these get tested explicitly on the 4300 - caveat emptor.

Is the philosophy for dd-wrt basically builds are bad unless blessed by the community/BrainSlayer? Do the builds we work on have anything like the concept of stable builds, etc? I don't mind doing testing and helping out as long as there is a place to file issues and not be left stranded forever.

Basically - if I try one of the later builds am I generally going to be in for a world of pain and I should stay on 22118?

Thanks,
- Jeff
gstudio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry but I did not understand in this thread if there are any questions or just anyone who responds.
How do you know which is the latest DD-WRT firmware for WNDR 4300?
Also I have the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (24/07/13) std - build 22118 on an FTP server I found some recent releases, but I have not figured out if they are official or not (FTP images of Brainslyer .
There are many small faults odious and I'd like to know if there is a solution, if new updates are planned or if it is an abandoned project.

thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
gstudio wrote:
Sorry but I did not understand in this thread if there are any questions or just anyone who responds.
How do you know which is the latest DD-WRT firmware for WNDR 4300?
Also I have the DD-WRT v24-sp2 (24/07/13) std - build 22118 on an FTP server I found some recent releases, but I have not figured out if they are official or not (FTP images of Brainslyer .
There are many small faults odious and I'd like to know if there is a solution, if new updates are planned or if it is an abandoned project.

thanks

You can find them here ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I know. The problem is that I do not know what's different in this firmware compared to what I have. There is a thread which lists the characteristics of the different images? I would like to avoid spending days trying in vain firmware with the risk of making the router unusable.
What is the factory image? Is it Netgear stock firmware?
If there is an apposit thread please give me the link, I can't find it.
I think DD-WRT is a wonderful firmware, but I need to fix many issues.

Thanks
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
The factory image is what you use when going from factory to dd-wrt.
Here is a timeline of what is being done.
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline

Navigation

Jump to: