What build for Netgear WNDR3700v3 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Xirrus45
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 15:28    Post subject: What build for Netgear WNDR3700v3 ? Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Now i'm runnig with Netgear WNDR3700v3 flashed with this:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/02-11-2013-r20675/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-20675_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNDR3700v3.chk

But the PPTP server doesn't work and USB isn't supported. So i have one question...can i flash my router to any bigger build? If yes, please, what builds can i use?

Thanks to all!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read the peacock announcement, notes 1, 3 and 4 in particular.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Xirrus45
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Read the peacock announcement, notes 1, 3 and 4 in particular.

Ok, thanks, i read it, but i'm really not sure and i really don't want to brick my new router. ;) So, i think, i can use this build.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/02-11-2013-r20675/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-20675_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin

Is it true?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the file size?
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Xirrus45
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
What is the file size?

The filesize is 7,78 MB, it should be OK, WNDR3700v3 has 8 MB flash memory.
Xirrus45
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, please, can anyone tell me, if i can use it?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many of the mega builds are too large for flash chip. Netgear 4 mb flash chips are smaller than 4 due to extra partition. That build is not a recommended build. All reasons not to. However I don't have your router and can't say for sure.
Xirrus45
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Many of the mega builds are too large for flash chip. Netgear 4 mb flash chips are smaller than 4 due to extra partition. That build is not a recommended build. All reasons not to. However I don't have your router and can't say for sure.

Thank you for trying to help, in the end, i decided to flash my router only with big image, but without success. It looks like router is flashed, but after reboot, here's running only mini build. After factory reset, the PPTP server started working, but USB is still unsupported. I don't need to use the USB port on router, but if anyone knows what can i do for successful flash to big build, i will be grateful for help. ;)

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: