seamless roaming network

jajest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 15:06    Post subject: seamless roaming network Reply with quote
I have been reading several threads here about a seamless roaming network in which each AP has his own cabled LAN connection.

I want to make such a seamless roaming network with about 6 or 7 AP's.

Am I right when I say that all I have to do is to setup 6 AP's,e ach with it's own LAN IP address and:

- use the same SSID
- use the same security settings (password etc)
- use the same channel

Is it simple as this ?

marc
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do not use the same channel for routers linked by wired cables. Use different non overlapping channels.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
tricer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
wonder how the seamless roaming would work for a RDP (remote desktop setup), as it does not use a lot of bandwidth and also has a auto reconnect feature.

I have a the dir-825 which has both 2.4 and 5ghz radios I would use the 5ghz radios to link the routers together and then use the 2.4 radios for the wireless clients.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: