WGR614v8 recovery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
psusi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:22    Post subject: WGR614v8 recovery Reply with quote
I followed the instructions on the wiki to install dd-wrt.v24-11604_NEWD_mini_wgr614v8-L.chk. It seemed to work, but whenever I tried changing any settings ( like the wireless SSID ) it would just give me a connection reset and not take. So I tried installing other builds and currently it says it is:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (02/13/09) mini - build 11604M NEWD Eko

Now not only does it reset the connection whenever I try to change anything, but it also won't accept a new firmware. I can't login with telnet either. How can I recover? I tried the tftp method to put the factory firmware back, but it just times out and the instructions for tftp all seem geared to other models, mostly linksys.
Sponsor
psusi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
After a 30/30/30 reset, I am able to log in with telnet using root/admin, but when the web page prompts me to set a username and password, I am no longer able to log in with telnet using either the default or new login. I tried using the nvram command to set the ssid since the gui keeps giving connection reset and ignoring me when I try, and it looks like it set the variable, but after a reboot, it is right back to the default.

I can see it is in the boot mode for about 30 seconds after a reset when it responds to pings with a ttl of 100, but it just will not accept the tftp.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Peacock announcement, note 11. Read all the required reading sections while you are looking at that announcement.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
psusi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did. Several times. I am using the regular tftp in Ubuntu Linux and set the timeouts to 1s and 60s and it just times out while another ping continues to get 100 TTLs, then stops and switches to 64.

Is there maybe a way to upload the image with netcat and use the mtd utility to flash it?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
psusi wrote:
while another ping continues to get 100 TTLs, then stops and switches to 64.

Then the flash took and firmware was installed.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
psusi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, it didn't; as I said before the tftp timed out, and the system boots the broken firmware that just gives a connection reset by peer on every request to /apply.cgi.
psusi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still no advice? I'm going to be miffed if I have to throw out this router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: