netgear r8500 ac5300 Vietnam Model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mountain68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:17    Post subject: netgear r8500 ac5300 Vietnam Model Reply with quote
Hope I put this in the right place. I've been playing with two Netgear R8500 made in Vietnam. Both had amber lights and one kept rebooting and the 2nd didn't. One eventually booted to the 80 version of the factory stuff but I was in the middle of a lightning storm and lost power. It never booted again.
Tried every file I could find all from here and all factory fw up to 100. The only one that works is v3-28813 Jan 29, 2016. All lights come on and function like they should but I get no wifi at all from either unit or channel. The fw page says that the radios are off. Looked at all I could find here but nothing helps. When I check the channel dropdown it shows auto but no other channel when I click on it. If I hit the wifi button on the front the lights that should turn off do and back on when the button is pushed again.

I found a lot from last year about this. Has anyone ever figured this out. Normally I would lean towards hardware at this point, but with only one fw upload that works lets me think the radios are just not turning on from the software and check box in the setup pages is missing.
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hardware failure. Don't waste anymore time. I tried it with 3 different units. Bad hardware from netgear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:47    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
That's what I thought but it was worth asking. Thanks!!!
MrBabs
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wellcome in the club!
I have 2 of this units as well, eBay bargains.
Will continue probing then and report if I can isolate the defects.
mountain68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 0:21    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote
I'll do the same. So far mine look like they can't make up their mind what speed the memory and processor run at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: