Best Repeater with or without DD-WRT

travbjork
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:11    Post subject: Best Repeater with or without DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I've only got one DD-WRT router, and it's a linksys WRT54GS2 V1.

It seems to me that it just doesn't have that bang anymore for me, cuts out every couple days. It is simply a repeater for me. If I have too many devices connected, it likes to just die. Frequent resets fix any slow downs.

My main router is an Ubee something or other modem/router supplied by Time Warner, but I'm pretty sure DD-WRT won't work on it.

I'd like the best router for my needs with the greatest range, greatest repeater functionality, and it doesn't matter if it's AC or N. The lower the price the better. Sub $60 would be nice.

** Nothing connects to my main Ubee router. The repeater bears the grunt of not only my phones and tablets, but at any given time, at least 3 laptops, if not more, and two desktops, plus Chromecast, and I do heavy streaming in-network and out-of-network. I'd say max load goes up to around 25 connected devices at a time when I have a good deal of friends over.

If you need anything, I'd love to help out and hear your suggestions!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: