Multi Xbox with Xbox live using DDWRT

coderwolf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 16:13    Post subject: Multi Xbox with Xbox live using DDWRT Reply with quote
I am trying to use multiple xbox on a single network with DDWRT. I would REALLY rather not turn on UPNP. I am acutely sensitive to potential network vulnerabilities that a globally open UPNP would expose.

Is there any way that I can configure 2 xbox's to allow live to run simultaneously without UPNP?

Is the reason UPNP works because it actually modifies the working port on the XBOX itself? If so, I am guessing, that is the only way to modify that port inside the xbox (since I can not find any place in the settings or menus that allows a port change).

I would really appreciate getting deep and trying to resolve this issue for anyone who has been through this before.

If UPNP ABSOLUTELY MUST be turned on, is there any way I can restrict it to only work from certain IP addresses using the ddwrt system.
Sponsor
MongooseProXC
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why not just enable it and keep a close eye on your UPnP log?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: