New Linksys/Cisco E800 N150 Router 5/5/13 TEST BIN PAGE 1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
laziali666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:17    Post subject: Re: Works like a charm Reply with quote
Hello...can u describe the procedure please? And the links u used...i would like to do the same

dave_c wrote:
Downloaded and upgraded a new e800 last night... it works like a charm!

We need to add it to the list of 'Supported Devices'.
I almost passed this unit by while shopping for a replacement for a dead e1200 because it wasn't on the supported list (no 1200's in stock). The e800 in it's stock form was pretty lousy with 'n' cards, now it flies.

Thanks for porting/compiling it over!

Dave

Fractal wrote:
looks like 7 downloads, any comments ??

ticket submitted for official support.

https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/2907

-Fractal
Sponsor
arcticos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 19:44    Post subject: Bricked it, Yeah! Reply with quote
I think I bricked 3 of these E800 routers. I had them working with dd-wrt.v24-21402_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e800.bin then did config on one and was expecting I could just upload the same backup file on the others using the restore function. Kids dont try this at home. I am unable to get back in through the browswer. SSH and telnet just hang. I tried the 30-30-30 reset multiple times. Tried unplugging. No DHCP. Nothing either when I manually config for 192.168.1.x. LAN port LED's flicker like its trying but then just stop. Any suggestions? Super lame because I was trying to hook up a friend.
arcticos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 20:57    Post subject: E800 supported? Reply with quote
What happened to the support ticket for this router? I click on it and its a dead link. I see the E900 is on the list of supported devices and the E800 one was submitted over a year ago to add to the list. It looks like its basically the same specs as the newer model. Any updates on where this is at? It would be nice to get proper instructions for it.
arcticos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 0:49    Post subject: NEWD build for E800 Reply with quote
It seems like the trailed flash for this router works but upgrading again to either the mini_nv64k or big_nv64k does not. I have bricked 4 of these experimenting. All they want to do now is reboot continuously. Guess its time to bust out the solder and learn how to use a serial or jtag cable. Actually, I am getting a ttl=100 ping in between reboots so perhaps there is hope if I can learn how to tftp or telnet in there at the exact millisecond and flash the firmware. More hours wasted. My recommendation to anyone reading this is forget about it. Leave the stock firmware unless you want to use the trailed build (which you are supposed to change after initial flash).
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try the tftp before you open them up.
If needed you would only need to use serial recovery.
Download tftp2.exe. Set a static ip on your pc. 192.168.1.9, 255.255.255.0, 192.168.1.1.
Open tftp2.exe, set the ip of 192.168.1.1, navigate to where you downloaded the linksys firmware.
Set a continous ping 192.168.1.1 -t. Plug the router in, when you see the ttl=100 hit upload.
If it doesn't upload, your next step is serial recovery.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:07    Post subject: Repeater Reply with quote
I am trying to set it up as a repeater but it just becomes a hidden network and I cant go to the router page again please help me do that.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:08    Post subject: Re: Repeater Reply with quote
HamedR34 wrote:
I am trying to set it up as a repeater but it just becomes a hidden network and I cant go to the router page again please help me do that.

Look here https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

Navigation

Jump to: