pptp vpn very slow in linux; normal in windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
icefire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:33    Post subject: pptp vpn very slow in linux; normal in windows Reply with quote
I am having trouble with my vpn connection. It's a real simple setup: one dd-wrt router (D-Link Dir-615 acting as a pptp vpn server. When I connect to the server via my Linux Mint 14 laptop and try to copy some files from the remote network I get extremely low speed (100-200 KB/s). If I use a very similar laptop which is running windows (same internet connection as the linux laptop) and try to copy the same data from the same remote location via the same vpn connection, the copy speed I get is about 1 MB/s.

What could be wrong?

The settings at the moment are like this:

Use Point-to-Point encryption must be checked, because the server is set up to reject not encrypted connections. Tried playing with the other options (stateful encryption, BSD data compression, Deflate data compression and TCP header compression) but there was no difference... Also tried send PPP echo packets but it didn't bring anything..

now here's the dd-wrt setup...

What could I do? Could I resolve the issue by modifying the mtu size.. or mybe by optimizing my linux setup?
Sponsor
icefire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do you think it would be any different if I try OpenVPN?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: