DIR-615 keeps losing signal in Client Bridge Mode..Any tips?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
kadri81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 18:03    Post subject: DIR-615 keeps losing signal in Client Bridge Mode..Any tips? Reply with quote
Hi, I just bought a D-link DIR-615 router rev. I1. I correctly followed the guide for it and loaded ddwrt v24 sp2 STABLE factory-to-ddwrt .bin using the d-link interface. Everything went through smoothly. However, I noticed that I keep losing signal on the devices that are wired to this router.

I was previously using an old WRT54G router also as a client bridge, and I pretty much used the same settings that I had on the WRT54G on this new DIR-615.

SPI Firewall is enabled, and only "filter multicast" is checked at the bottom.

Any suggestions?

Basically, what I am trying to do is set this DIR-615 router as a client bridge so that it catches wifi internet from my main router and gives internet access to the devices connected to it which are wifi incapable.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:25    Post subject: Hello fellow D-Link owner! Reply with quote
So, you got a new DIR-615, switching it to DD-WRT and fixing it up as the client bridge, eh? No problem.

First, have you seen the wiki page on Client Bridge mode? It's extraordinarily helpful. Print a copy.

Second, most router-specific settings (like SPI Firewall) aren't going to help in bridge mode. Best to stick to the wiki instructions and just tweak with the radio settings if necessary. Your main router (the one wired to your ISP) is where the routing and firewall settings matter most.

Lastly, upgrading to the latest build (currently 21286) is highly recommended.

To get there, find your router model/revision in the database and click on it. In the details that follow, click the link for "other downloads", where you'll find the latest builds. From there, click on the current year (2013), the build number (04-15-2013-r21286), and find your model/revision number in the next list. (the Find Text command in your browser works great for that part)

When you upgrade to this new build, select Reset to Default Settings, especially since the router will be acting as a bridge.

Set up the bridge from one of your remote clients (e.g., a PC you intend to use with the bridge) so you have an isolated LAN segment.

Also, eliminate your WLAN traffic during setup, exercise patience and especially, allow yourself plenty of time to get your bridge set up properly.

Good luck!

"The lights are back on now."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: