Unable to set current date on Linksys E2500 with DD-WRT v24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ckid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 15:36    Post subject: Unable to set current date on Linksys E2500 with DD-WRT v24 Reply with quote
Hi All,

I flashed a new Cisco Linksys E2500 according to the Wiki instructions.

'dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-nv60k.bin'

http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2500

my goal is to setup HMA OpenVPN or PPTP on the DD-WRT flashed router.

However I was not able to successfully implement the HMA setup..

the main reason I think is that, I'm unable to set the current date and time on the router..

the NTP doesn't work. I've tried to suggestions in the forums and wiki..

I even SSHd to the router and try to set the date manually..

root@DD-WRT:~# date
Thu Jan 1 00:00:55 UTC 1970
root@DD-WRT:~#

root@DD-WRT:~# date +%Y%m%d -s "20130519"

root@DD-WRT:~# date
Tue Aug 8 08:17:43 UTC 1971

initially the router date was at 1970.. when i try to set the current date, it just increased the year by one to 1971. But before I ran this command using SSH, the web interface displayed no current time at all.. since running the above command, now it displays 1971.... but not correct date..

the other set date format didn't work at all..

#date -s 022811442012

#date 022811442012

Any help fixing this issue is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance..
Sponsor
ckid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 15:39    Post subject: Re: Unable to set current date on Linksys E2500 with DD-WRT Reply with quote
I also tried following method, without any success..

Run the following:
Code:
ntpclient pool.ntp.org
stopservice process_monitor
startservice process_monitor

Give a sec or 2 between each command. No reboot needed. Uptime will not be lost.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48538
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Openvpn was broken for many recent builds
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
ckid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Openvpn was broken for many recent builds

Hi Murrkf,

thanks for the response.. lets forget the HMA setup for a moment..

What about not able to set the current time on the Linksys E2500 router with the DD-WRT build? Is this normal?

Thanks
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't know. I don't have that router or use that build. I would try the 21xxx build recommended in note 3 of the peacock announcement.

I was just pointing out that your problems setting up might be build related and not related to the ntp issue. If you leave the server blank, and do a proper hard reset on the router, should work.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
ckid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Don't know. I don't have that router or use that build. I would try the 21xxx build recommended in note 3 of the peacock announcement.

I was just pointing out that your problems setting up might be build related and not related to the ntp issue. If you leave the server blank, and do a proper hard reset on the router, should work.

Thanks Murrkf, I'll give that build a try and post an update tomorrow..

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: