TP-Link TL-WR841N dead WAN port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
VixinG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 21:08    Post subject: TP-Link TL-WR841N dead WAN port Reply with quote
Hello,
During the light storm I lost my WAN port and I had to install dd-wrt to fix this issue.
My router has got 4 lan ports and one wan port.
Wan port and 4th lan port are dead due to lightning.

(EDIT: it's TL-WR841N v7.2 with latest DD-WRT for this model)
I browsed forum for help and I found something similar so I've moved 1st lan port (port1) to vlan1, so vlan1 contains '0 1 5' and my vlan0 contains '2 3 4 5*'. I guess it treats port1 as WAN port now.
Before the storm I was using the original firmware, I have a Pentagram P6331-6 cerberus adsl2+ router connected directly to the ISP network and it's using username and password given by my ISP. I had a RJ45 lan cable connected to my pentagram router and to my TL-WR841N's WAN port. From TL-WR841N I used lan connection to my PC from one of four available slots in the router and other users were connecting to that router by wireless connection.

TL;DR:

How can I reproduce this setup with DD-WRT on TP-Link now? I tried various settings but when I put "internet" cable to the "new wan port" and my PC lan cable to any other available lan port I have internet connection but wireless doesn't work. Sometimes only wireless works...

I hard reseted it like 10 times already because something is messing up Razz
Now it has got WAN port on lan port 1 and ports 2 & 3 are LAN and working.
My question is How can I make it work as it was working? (wlan + lan) (ports 4 and original WAN are dead)
sorry for mistakes, I'm not english

/edit:
Normally, pentagram users had adresses from 192.168.1.101 - 192.168.1.150+
On my TP-Link I used 192.168.2.100 - 192.168.2.150+ to avoid confusion. TP-Link acted like a normal user, had it's own IP given by pentagram (eg. 192.168.1.107) and it was assigning its' own users adresses like 192.168.2.101, 192.168.2.105 etc.
I just want WLAN and LAN to be working. I was trying some options but I guess TP-Link is treating pentagram as client and assigns an address to it instead of treating it as "master router".
Thanks in advance
Sponsor
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
My guess, is you have to replace your router. Your hardware might be damaged
VixinG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
h8red wrote:
My guess, is you have to replace your router. Your hardware might be damaged

I resolved it by disabling WAN, set DHCP to forwarding and put 2nd router on the same gateway as 1st one. Can't do more than that. I'm glad it works anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: