"EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
hongdat1106
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Silent_Swift wrote:
If you used Koolshare cfe with the UUID key backed up is a parameter present in your Koolshare cfe, you can just simply flash the stock firmware and it's done Wink

However, if you didn't backup your UUID_key (yes it's unique to each device) then you cannot go back to stock firmware (if you try, it will brick without the UUID_Key of your original firmware. It will just be stuck on the waiting screen). To go back you need your uuid_key or your original stock cfe.

However, I can see you posted here I don't know if his cfe will work, but I know for certain that the parameter of UUID_Key is required.

If you have saved your UUID_key or have taken note of it. Just insert that into your Koolshare cfe using the cfe editor and flash stock firmware and it's done. Just note that WPS won't work with stock firmware and Koolshare cfe.

Kong's DD-WRT v3.0-r30465M is very stable here Wink

Hi Silent_Swift,

I didn't use Kool's CFE instead of Xvortex's CFE. Are they difference? I have done to backup my UUID_Key already. Can you help me check and correct my CFE with UUID_Key included? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by hongdat1106 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:52; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Kevin Shindel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanx for answers!
Ok! This is photo my router!

All is fine?
RedRover
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:38    Post subject: Re: Which firmware should you use? Reply with quote
[quote="RedRover"]Which firmware should you use?
Submit your chosen firmware for EA6300 V1 and view the responses. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17ut3qRkiGJXm_BGDjCC9wej_nmcNx0vTW8v2T0f3iGk/viewform

[quote]

Add your response

Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kevin Shindel wrote:
Thanx for answers!
Ok! This is photo my router!

All is fine?

Yep all is fine. That is a EA6400 which is AC1600 Wink

Just go to your admin page and then go to troubleshooting and keep a backup of your status.

Then go to your connectivity menu and check that your firmware is 1.1.40.160989, if so your good to go.

hongdat1106 wrote:
Silent_Swift wrote:
If you used Koolshare cfe with the UUID key backed up is a parameter present in your Koolshare cfe, you can just simply flash the stock firmware and it's done Wink

However, if you didn't backup your UUID_key (yes it's unique to each device) then you cannot go back to stock firmware (if you try, it will brick without the UUID_Key of your original firmware. It will just be stuck on the waiting screen). To go back you need your uuid_key or your original stock cfe.

However, I can see you posted here I don't know if his cfe will work, but I know for certain that the parameter of UUID_Key is required.

If you have saved your UUID_key or have taken note of it. Just insert that into your Koolshare cfe using the cfe editor and flash stock firmware and it's done. Just note that WPS won't work with stock firmware and Koolshare cfe.

Kong's DD-WRT v3.0-r30465M is very stable here Wink

Hi Silent_Swift,

I didn't use Kool's CFE instead of Xvortex's CFE. Are they difference? I have done to backup my UUID_Key already. Can you help me check and correct my CFE with UUID_Key included? Thanks in advance!

I cannot help you with the UUID_Key as I personally don't have one to confirm it.

I have seen the Chinese have it worked on stock with their Koolshare CFE which contains the UUID_Key, I haven't seen any tests so far on the Xvortex.

I personally don't know. I'd say it should work, but just to be safe try Koolshare.

These cfe's are quite good in terms of recovery, you can run tftp and it will restore the router, I recovered it from a flash of asus firmware which wasnt built for thi router using the cfe.

BT Infinity FTTC
BRAS PROFILE: 76.2MBPS DOWN / 20 MBPS UP

BT Smart Business Hub 6A - Modem and AP
Linksys EA6300v1 - Broadcom DD-WRT v3.0-r36104 std
BT HomeHub 5A - Wireless AP Extender
BT Openreach Modem ECI - Unlocked OpenWrt 15.05
Kevin Shindel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
I did it! ))))

I follow by instruction @Silent_Swift and finaly dd-wrt-it!
But i needed double write short-firmware at step 3.7, because router is back to original firmware... but when i repeat write i can go on.
Thanx you all guys!
transmission and samba is include in this firmware! oh my god! Razz

Samba is faster than my TP-link 842nd!
on WR842ND max speed to download via wifi is 3600 kb\sec
in ea6300 max speed to download via wifi is over 9000 kb\sec.

is awesome!
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kevin Shindel wrote:
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
I did it! ))))

But i needed double write short-firmware at step 3.7, because router is back to original firmware... but when i repeat write i can go on.
Thanx you all guys!

is awesome!

Great Wink

If you want to upgrade your firmware at any time, you need to do it via terminal as the web gui may not work.

So SSH into the router and the commands would be:

Code:

cd /tmp

wget http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2016/09-01-2016-r30534/linksys-ea6400/linksys-ea6400-webflash.bin (firmware url)

mtd -f write linksys-ea6400-webflash.bin linux2 (may fail as 2nd partition sometimes just isn't there)

mtd -f write linksys-ea6400-webflash.bin linux

erase nvram (if you want reset your settings)

reboot

Ignore any warnings as these are debug info.

and that's about it.

If your temperatures are very high like 90c or 100c, then you'll also need to fix the heatsink, if they're at 80c then it's okish for this router.

BT Infinity FTTC

Kevin Shindel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the tips.
temp of the CPU is 71c, i think i can decrease it.
numinit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
hongdat1106 wrote:
Hi numinit,
I'm looking forward to your help for reverting to Stock firmware EA6400. Can you guide me step by step to flash?
I done with this guide from @butterworth(http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1009864#1009864). I don't have more experiences for de-bricking if my router was bricked. Thanks

I don't actually have experience debricking this router, there are others here that know their way around the CFE better than I do.

Flash the smaller build: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=36227

Flash the real build: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/

Initial flashing post: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=979857#979857

Results: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=980039#980039

GLHF
Rebel1699
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Silent_Swift wrote:
Kevin Shindel wrote:
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
I did it! ))))

Thanx you all guys!

is awesome!

Great Wink

If you want to upgrade your firmware at any time, you need to do it via terminal as the web gui may not work.

Code:

cd /tmp

wget http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2016/09-01-2016-r30534/linksys-ea6400/linksys-ea6400-webflash.bin (firmware url)

mtd -f write linksys-ea6400-webflash.bin linux2 (may fail as 2nd partition sometimes just isn't there)

reboot

and that's about it.

If your temperatures are very high like 90c or 100c, then you'll also need to fix the heatsink, if they're at 80c then it's okish for this router.

Any advice on ssh refusing to connect? Im on r29519 and cannot get ssh to connect. It rejects password, it rejects rsa key. Same boat whether on windows with putty or via terminal in linux. Ive reset and still same issue. Thanks
Silent_Swift
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Rebel1699 wrote:
Silent_Swift wrote:

Great Wink

Code:

cd /tmp

reboot

and that's about it.

Any advice on ssh refusing to connect? Im on r29519 and cannot get ssh to connect. It rejects password, it rejects rsa key. Same boat whether on windows with putty or via terminal in linux. Ive reset and still same issue. Thanks

Well, have you enabled the Secure Shell, SSHd in your services tab on the admin gui?

Just tick enable on the SSHd service and apply settings.

It's been working fine for Kong release on my end, uptime has been around 11 days, so very stable firmware Very Happy

Username on SSH is always root and the password is the admin gui password.

If you can't use SSH, you can always telnet Wink

BT Infinity FTTC

GCguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:17    Post subject: "EA6300V1" (Q87-EA6400) BCM4360 Reply with quote
Hi,dan368

I follow the steps on myEA6300V1 but have failure on "mtd -f write <filename> linux" with multiple retries even though "mtd -f write <filename> linux2" work fine, after reboot it works fine. But after power
down it never come back, I set static ip on pc try to ping it with ttl 100, only get "Destination host unreachable" when power up most time get time out. 30 reset or 30/30/30 reset do not change anything. Any idea? Or I can only recover it by open the case and hook up serial port and Jtag?

Thanks

dan368 wrote:
Hi fehom,

I've been brick & debrick more than 20 times. I get used to it. I could test it. What performance do I have to pay attention for this built?

Regards
dan368
Kevin Shindel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys i have a problem.
After reboot router, "Transmission" set to default file /tmp/config.json
Where to put this file or lock it to Read-Only.
Thanx.
KLXN
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Butterworth, @Silent_Swift, @numinit
Thank you guys for amazing job done on this router.

I have installed the newest Kong version without any problems. Everything works stable and without memory leaks.
GreyPaws
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:15    Post subject: EA6400 unreachable after reboot Reply with quote
I flashed using the instructions in this thread. Everything seemed to go fine, however, after writing the full DD-WRT firmware to the router using SSH the router never comes up after reboot, even after waiting an hour. I've tried r30534 and r30691.

sequence:

write full firmware
reboot
unreachable
power cycle
unreachable
power cycle holding WPS
comes up prompting for password in new firmware
Stays up with minor issues, like being unable to assign DHCP to VAP or IPs to br1 (10 days up on r30534)
reboot
unreachable
so on and so forth

Any ideas?

edit: I decided to try and flash the modified CFE again (i used the koolshare CFE with my own values for MAC etc) using putty i got the error messages about being unable to unlock mtd0 but i ignored it and used the write commands as instructed. After the cfe flash was done I unplugged router, and plugged it back in holding WPS button and was able to access the router, being prompted to change password. I enabled SSH and using the regular putty/ssh method flashed r29396 + erase nvram + reboot. The router came back up in about 2 minutes and now I am able to reboot from the GUI without issues. Not sure what changed, but there you have it.
krisz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 18:41    Post subject: USB core kills radio? Reply with quote
Hi, all!
I installed dd-wrt r30631 on Linksys EA6300v1. It works fine but when I enabled USB core, the 2.4GHZ radio not visible after reboot. Any idea?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 97, 98, 99  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 85 of 99
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: