dd-wrt On a WR941ND V5.0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
ostapenko1983
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there a file web revert for new version wr941nd v5.3?
Sponsor
kolucci
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've just modified the header of the DD-WRT 27506 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR841ND v8, so that it will flash on the "new" version of TL-WR941ND v5 (TE7WR941NXV5, CPU Atheros AR9341 @535 MHz) running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-27506 webflash build for TL-WR841ND v8.

I can approve, that this patch works fine for TL-WR941ND(RU) Ver:5.2

Thanks for a great job, KrypteX!
cheezybpcc02
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
I've just modified the header of the DD-WRT 27506 factory-to-ddwrt build intended for TL-WR841ND v8, so that it will flash on the "new" version of TL-WR941ND v5 (TE7WR941NXV5, CPU Atheros AR9341 @535 MHz) running stock TP-Link firmware.
If the attached build works for you, it can be further updated with any newer-than-27506 webflash build for TL-WR841ND v8.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested the attached build myself, so I'm not responsible in any way if you brick your router.
Please only flash this build if you know how to unbrick it.

Hi All,

I appear to be experiencing a near "simple" error, but I can't figure out how to fix it. After searching for quite some time, I found this thread which appears to be very helpful. Although after downloading the flash mentioned above, I keep receiving "Error code: 18005 Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name."

Can anyone offer some suggestions as to what could be going wrong? Even changing the file name doesn't do anything. I have tried in both Chrome and IE, each to no avail. I'm very new at this, so I thought I'd ask for help.

Thanks!
Vasiliy163
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 15:40    Post subject: tp-link 941nd v5.2 Reply with quote
Good day. I have a tp-link 941nd v5.2, I want to put the firmware DD-WRT, but for your model this firmware I have found. I see on my tp-link 941nd v5.2 it is possible to put the firmware from TL-WR841ND v8 ? Smile
elfarto
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just FYI, tried to flash the file on this thread on my brand new WR9941ND v5.1 (TE7WR941NXV5) and that resulted in a total brick, when you turn it on, all the leds come on and off then the PWR led remains lit.
Does anyone have a good unbrick tutorial using a serial cable ?
paulista666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi I try to apply the firmware stated on the beginning of the post and didn't work.
Since I know this could happen, I prepared my board to connect through serial cable.
Although there is a lot of info about it, it seems that is a common procedure for everyone since vital information is not given anytime, By vital information I mean simple info to complete noobs.
For instance should I wait several minutes before appear anything on terminal? Or how to know which pin is TX or RX?

Anyway I didn't get anything at all on my terminal so I believe my model is a little different than most.
The fccid is ***nxv5 the version is 5.1 but the pin out is vertically oriented. most pictures seems horizontally if you take the lan ports as reference.

Do I need to short anything on my board or just connect the pins GND, tx and RX?
It is possible to total brick this device? I mean turn it impossible to recover even through serial cable?

Sorry so many questions. I'm frustrated and mad that I can't accomplish this...
GreyDoc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
paulista666 wrote:
Hi I try to apply the firmware stated on the beginning of the post and didn't work.

which post exactly?
paulista666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I´m sorry basic info...

The 1st post of LOM in page 2. Where he said that he changed the header of the file for wrn841ndv8.
paulista666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok I got it.. Sort of...

I was using a USB to DB9 serial cable and using the default pin out to know which pin is GND, TX and RX.
Now, I use an old Siemens cable that has only three cables. Much easier and worked. I was able to see my router booting and the error -5 that prevents to finish booting.

Now I have a problem using tftp in Linux, probably bad configuration, and let everybody know of my results.

Thanks
GreyDoc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
paulista666 wrote:
Ok I got it.. Sort of...

I was using a USB to DB9 serial cable and using the default pin out to know which pin is GND, TX and RX.
Now, I use an old Siemens cable that has only three cables. Much easier and worked. I was able to see my router booting and the error -5 that prevents to finish booting.

Now I have a problem using tftp in Linux, probably bad configuration, and let everybody know of my results.

Thanks

did you try this file? http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=986621#986621
paulista666
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes GreyDoc I did. No success either.

And now I think I finally destroy my router. I must have use the wrong address because now I can´t even start the u-boot screen on terminal. Just three lights open, power-wan-lan1, and nothing more.

Anyone know how to write the boot file by magic? Because by terminal it seems impossible to me.

I hope I´m wrong...
rastamancho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I've got a WR941ND v5.1. I've installed the fw from LOM on page 2 (which is a header patched factory-to-ddwrt firmware for WR841NDv8). It said that the process went well but the device got bricked, no surprise. When I power on the router, only the PWR light is on, if I hold the reset button for 3 sec - the WPS light goes up and if i hold it for 10 sec all the lights flash for a sec and it goes back to PWR light only.

I do not have a serial cable of any kind, but I've seen some tutorials around the internet on how to restore TP-Link routers using TFTP server with a specific bin file.

What I tried already:

1. Downloaded the original firmware and renamed it to wr941ndv5_tp_recovery.bin
2. Put the file into the folder assigned to TFTP server
3. Configure my IPv4 to be 192.168.0.66 (tried 1.66 as well)
4. Connected the router via LAN port 1 (tried WAN as well) to the computer.
5. Power it on while holding the reset button.

Nothing happens.

So if anyone can help me with that, please tell me which file to use and how should I name it? How to determine the IP address that the router makes the TFTP request to? And any other suggestions.
volvo64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Henry White wrote:
f00Fighter wrote:
The following is a recipe for a brick:

Firmware from start of this thread:

It's too old and does not have support for new CPU. You need to use r22102 or newer.
I decided to public my own to resolve many needs...
It's made from the last one firmware:
05-27-2014-r24160
CPU supported (red was added since r22102) :
AR9342_REV_1_2 0x1122
AR9341_REV_1_2 0x0122
AR9344_REV_1_3 0x2123
AR9342_REV_1_3 0x1123
AR9341_REV_1_3 0x0123

I can confirm that this file successfully flashed DD-WRT on my TL-WR941ND(ES) Ver:5.1 from factory firmware. I can't speak to the reliability of the firwmware yet, only that I'm now running DD-WRT. It appears that the ethernet LEDs are not working properly, however, but that's not a real problem.
volvo64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Does anyone have OPEN VPN working on this build? If yes, how?

+1 for OpenVPN support Sad
echardcore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you everyone!

Short backstory. I bought the TL-WR941ND to replace a WRT54G2 on DDWRT Micro. Its been running excellently for about 5 years with many different services happening on my network. Then I moved into a house from an apartment and got more toys. I am trying to get Chromecast Audio to play smoothly using the multi-room group feature and have been experiencing some hiccups. I think it might actually be the Chromecast itself. It's still nice to have a better router and possibly use the old one as a range extender.

This thread helped me unbrick my TL-WR941ND_V5. The router wasn't downloading the renamed firmware file from my work laptop even though I could see it trying to connect so I tried my desktop. I used the TFTPD program and was able to restore the router back to factory after a bad flash of the wrong DD-WRT build. Possibly a Macafee issue since I couldn't disable it.

Then I flashed this first - factory-to-ddwrt_27506_WR941NDv5.bin http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=33460
Thanks KrypteX!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 13 of 18
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: