dd-wrt On a WR941ND V5.0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is a header patched factory-to-ddwrt firmware for WR841NDv8 which the WR941NDv5 will accept.

Use the official dd-wrt webflash bin for WR841NDv8 for future updates until the time when WR941NDv5 gets its own builds.

Observe, this is for the "new" v5 only - the "old" v5 which is a v4 should only use v4 builds!

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Here is a header patched factory-to-ddwrt firmware for WR841NDv8 which the WR941NDv5 will accept.

Use the official dd-wrt webflash bin for WR841NDv8 for future updates until the time when WR941NDv5 gets its own builds.

Observe, this is for the "new" v5 only - the "old" v5 which is a v4 should only use v4 builds!

Please share the dd-wrt webflash bin file also since there is no files in router database for wr841ndV8. Thanks.

Well dont use the webflash bin for wr941NDv5 on top of WR841NDv8 factory bin, I ve bricked my brand new wr941ndv5 since there is no files in router database for wr841ndV8. Why dont u share the webflash bin here also?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
sgum wrote:

Please share the dd-wrt webflash bin file also since there is no files in router database for wr841ndV8. Thanks.

please help the link u ve shared for factory bin works but I m not sure which dd-wrt webflash bin you are talking about we should update on top of factory bin. Because in router database WR841NDv8 has no files no webflash no factory bin. Are you talking about we should use the webflash bin in WR941NDv5 on top of WR841NDv8 factory bin u've shared. I dont wanna brick the router. Please enlighten us. Thanks.

You don't need any webflash bin right now, the factory bin is r21676 which currently is the latest released dd-wrt firmware version.
You will need a webflash bin in the future when new dd-wrt firmware is released - use the webflash for 841NDv8 if there is no release for 941NDv5.

The router database is worked on and the recommended build for 841NDv8 is not yet there, it should however not be too difficult for you to read the forum and find new build advertisement threads with link to the build..

Please paste the output from dmesg directly after rooter reboot - it contains important info for the developers and may speed up the official dd-wrt support for the 941NDv5.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
sgum wrote:

please help the link u ve shared for factory bin works but I m not sure which dd-wrt webflash bin you are talking about we should update on top of factory bin. Because in router database WR841NDv8 has no files no webflash no factory bin. Are you talking about we should use the webflash bin in WR941NDv5 on top of WR841NDv8 factory bin u've shared. I dont wanna brick the router. Please enlighten us. Thanks.

You don't need any webflash bin right now, the factory bin is r21676 which currently is the latest released dd-wrt firmware version.
You will need a webflash bin in the future when new dd-wrt firmware is released - use the webflash for 841NDv8 if there is no release for 941NDv5.

The router database is worked on and the recommended build for 841NDv8 is not yet there, it should however not be too difficult for you to read the forum and find new build advertisement threads with link to the build..

Please paste the output from dmesg directly after rooter reboot - it contains important info for the developers and may speed up the official dd-wrt support for the 941NDv5.

Thanks can I restore it back somehow to factory bin WR841NDv8 because I ve patched the WR941NDv5 webflash bin on top of factory bin WR841NDv8 file. I thought we needed the webflash so I bricked it I guess. Is there a way to unbrick WR941NDv5. Thanks.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sigh..
You used the webflash bin for the "old" v5 on a "new" v5 which has different hardware, this makes a perfect brick.
You can only debrick it by using a serial connection to the routers internal 3.3V TTL serial port.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to report. I just flashed the file LOM provided here and it boots to DDWRT!!!

Thank you LOM!!!!!!!

Haven't tested everything yet, but I suspect everything will work with the exception of the third antenna.

So, just to make sure, until we hear of a specific new WR941ND v5 build released, we need to use WR841NDv8 builds from now until then?

Again, thanks!!! Very Happy
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
cable007 wrote:
Just wanted to report. I just flashed the file LOM provided here and it boots to DDWRT!!!

Thank you LOM!!!!!!!

Haven't tested everything yet, but I suspect everything will work with the exception of the third antenna.

So, just to make sure, until we hear of a specific new WR941ND v5 build released, we need to use WR841NDv8 builds from now until then?

Again, thanks!!! Very Happy

Yes, your WR941NDv5 is now software wise a WR841NDv8 so use the WR841NDv8 webflash file for updates until the time when the new WR941NDv5 is officially supported.

Can you give me the dmesg output directly after rebooting the router?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM

Here is my dmesg, after rebooting router using management page and going to the web interface and using dmesg in the commands area. Don't know if that captures everything, but this is all that came up in the results box after running it.

My router does not have pins soldered in for the serial header, so this is the only way I can run dmesg for you right now...

Going to attach the log here as a txt file. By the way, had to use Safari to get it to give me results, Google Chrome would not load the results page.

Hope it helps!

I plan to test using the router later today as a repeater for another wifi network. If that works, will post back and let you know.
cable007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another update...

The router I flashed with LOM's version of the firmware on this topic is working well enough to act as a wireless repeater, connecting in client mode to an unencrypted wifi connection and then broadcasting another network that phones and laptops are connecting to both wired and wireless.

So, in other words, good job LOM!

This is what I had gotten the router for, and it's working just fine. I didn't see any options for antenna 3, but didn't expect any since the WR841ND v8 doesn't have a third antenna.

I have the router off-site, so, I won't be able to test unless something goes wrong with it.

Again, thanks!
abcanw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you LOM , it worked very well except for TX power ...
when i change it , it only changes in the box but it doesnt really change , it stays the same ...

is there a way around it ?
panos_k75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have loaded this version too with no issues - many thanks for this

Wireless Client mode works fine
however pptp client doesn't seem to work properly...Behaviour seems very erratic...Sometimes client connects sometimes it doesn't. Tried to also force the date with no real affect.

Are there any know client pp2p issues with this version?
simenes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
i've tested too and it works very well =)
tks a lot
nostromox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
But no way to get the 3rd antenna to Work?
Waiting for final release Smile
chetan1989
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:26    Post subject: Can I install once dd-wrt is installed? Reply with quote
Hey guys I was just wondering if I will be able to install gargoyle on the router once I have installed DD-WRT using the steps given in this thread ?
abcanw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:39    Post subject: revert to stock firmware Reply with quote
LOM , can u tell me how to revert back to stock tp link firmware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 18
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: