dd-wrt On a WR941ND V5.0

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
fbordignon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed with factory to ddwrt provided by LOM, and flashed build 22118 for wr841nd v8.

All via web interface. The only problem is that I'm getting a lot of RX errors when I configure my router as a repeater, the RX errors happens at the connection with the primary router (RX errors at my wr941nd, receiving from primary).

The problem is that the errors occur and the router loses the connection with the primary router and the internet for 30s or so. It seems to me to be a bug or hardware issue because I put the two routers close and the errors still occurred.

I have a device connected at the lan port of wr941nd that needs quick response from a server on the internet, if the connection goes bananas for 30s it loses track of things and need to be rebooted. Other devices connected via wifi loses their connection too.

Primary router is wr642g with stock firmware. I'm working with 11g only 54mbps, wpa2 aes, same ssid and same channel (auto). Wifi mode is set to client bridge. dmesg gives nothing suspicious.
Any ideas on how can I eliminate this problem?

thanks guys
Sponsor
antjm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Here is a header patched factory-to-ddwrt firmware for WR841NDv8 which the WR941NDv5 will accept.

Use the official dd-wrt webflash bin for WR841NDv8 for future updates until the time when WR941NDv5 gets its own builds.

Observe, this is for the "new" v5 only - the "old" v5 which is a v4 should only use v4 builds!

I update with that firmware, all process succesfully, but the router never initiate again with dd-wrt. And now I have a brick. My wr941nd is ver 5.1, but all is exactly, AR9341, FCC ID, mother board.
Some idea what happend? The next is unbrick with serial port, but what firmware can I put?
dbdta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will there be a Native version for WR941ND V5.0?

or Will we just have to stick with the wr841nd v8?
antjm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found this of gargoyle for wr941nd v5 http://ecco.selfip.net/gargoyle-pl/attitude_adjustment/ar71xx/

I can't test because my router is bricked, someone can test?
fbordignon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mine is at my father's. Maybe between the 26th and 2nd I will find some time to test it. But I think we better off giving up with this router, there are better routers out there that can be bought by the same price or less.
fbordignon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed the gargoyle that you sent me the link!
It is very good until now, I used the wr941nd v5 factory and then used the sysupgrade

working better than dd wrt until now.

with dd wrt I had a lot of rx errors while configured as a bridge repeater
antjm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
fbordignon wrote:
Flashed the gargoyle that you sent me the link!
It is very good until now, I used the wr941nd v5 factory and then used the sysupgrade

working better than dd wrt until now.

with dd wrt I had a lot of rx errors while configured as a bridge repeater

Very Happy

Perfect. I hope can test it soon.
fbordignon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
oops everuthing was good, but when I plugged a device at the lan port via cable, the device can't get ip by dhcp from the main router when configured as client bridge. if I plug my PC and set up a static ip it works fine, but this device uses some kind of obscure protocols I don't know much. sorry
antjm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
fbordignon wrote:
oops everuthing was good, but when I plugged a device at the lan port via cable, the device can't get ip by dhcp from the main router when configured as client bridge. if I plug my PC and set up a static ip it works fine, but this device uses some kind of obscure protocols I don't know much. sorry

that's not a big problem! at least for me Very Happy note it's a first version for this router and they have to debug failures. If you look in gargoyle's web, this versión is not yet for download.
antjm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I unbricked my router, and install gargoyle for the new V5. It's work very well.
fbordignon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice! I flashed the corresponding version of openwrt that I found in the link you sent, it is working fine! You helped a lot thanks.
antjm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found one problem. It's only happens in my tablet, my PC works perfectly.

The tablet needs to be always downloading something, because it is always connecting and disconnecting the wifi. If download something it's perfect the connection.

Any idea why this happens?
sgum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Whoever publishes a decent tp link wr941nd V5 AR9341 factory and webflash bin, I ll donate 100$. LOM could you please update the database and relase a decent working version for the new WR941N(D) v5 with FCC-ID TE7WR941NXV5. Thanks.
nostromox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will also donate something!
dbdta
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any updates on progress, or if there is ever going to be a native dd-wrt for this router?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16, 17, 18  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 18
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: