Asus RT-AC66U -Howto BackUP CFE from Stock firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
jtrosky
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad to see you've made the leap to DD-WRT! This firmware has an option for everything! Smile

Have fun!!

1 x Linksys WRT610n v1
1 x Linksys E2500
1 x Netgear WNDR3300
1 x Dlink DIR-825 v1
2 x Asus RT-AC66U
Sponsor
gekko2013
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
jtrosky wrote:
Glad to see you've made the leap to DD-WRT! This firmware has an option for everything! Smile

Have fun!!
Yeah ,the next one will be the netgear wndr3700V3 if i can find a good dd-wrt firmware with all above mentioned options working, this is will use for my home wifi day/night webcam survelaince system Cool
gekko2013
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
some experirience tells me the NETGEAR V3 of wndr3700 is a special version and sinds the standard dd-wrt firmware failed me on the ssh part etc i think i will try this re=compiled version from here http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/39207/Pre-Compiled-DD-WRT-for-NETGEAR-WNDR3700v3-Wireless-Router-.CHK/ as u can see it uses a different file extention. but i am going offtopic now ,i will open a new topic for this one soon Smile dont want to confuse people wich leads to mistakes Confused
Something tells me this wndr3700v3 project will be a big pain in the ass Confused the V3 uses Netgear Genie firmware wich indeed is not really that bad...though the older firmware that runs default on V2 is exactly pritty fast on the V3...but i want the extra functions from dd-wrt Razz the tomato firmware comes way short as it comes to portforwarding but adventually this one will end up using OpenWRT if they will make a working one for the V3 that is.
I am also fan of tomato shibby and openwrt i want to mention that esspecially what i like are the ipkg package manager and shibby has alot new features to.

wndr3700.png
 Description:
PIC of the NETGEAR WNDR3700-V3 ,this has nothing to do with the Asus!
WILL REMOVE THIS PIC AND REPLY WHEN I STARTED THE NEW "PROJECT"
 Filesize:  373.67 KB
 Viewed:  3656 Time(s)

wndr3700.png

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: