WZR-HP-G300NH2 and regulatory domain setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
DWolfman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01    Post subject: WZR-HP-G300NH2 and regulatory domain setting Reply with quote
I'm thinking of loading the latest DD-WRT on my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2, but wanted to clairfy something first.

Some background: the router currently has the latest Buffalo firmware installed (build 19154) and works mostly great (router and all other functions good, wifi speeds are crap). Seems no matter what settings I use, I can't get more than about 20 megabits/sec (normally less) to any of the wifi devices. Since my area is a fuster-cluck of wifi APs (18 in the site survey!), I'm figuring it's due to the congestion. And since I've read about the FCC not being that picky about using channels 12 and 13 here in the USA, I'd like to give it a go as a test (see if my phone can see the router on 12 or 13). If I can get it to work with my phone, then I'll look into what I have to do to my wife's laptop to get it to see those two channels.

So, is there anything built into the router itself that might prevent me from using those channels, or even 14 if I wanted to risk interfering with some other radio service? Currently, the regulatory domain setting in the Buffalo firmware won't give me the options to choose anything above 11 (tried them all), but it does not include all of them that I've seen mentioned in other threads here (Europe, Japan not listed for example).
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
upgrade 1st

Okay....

What do you mean by that?

Not sure how this answers my question(s)?

Are you implying that there is no hardware limitation for this in my router?
DWolfman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still not getting an answer here. Please get specific, no over brief.responses again.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
19154 is not the latest dd-wrt build and is afaik not even a dd-wrt community build so must be a Buffalo branded build.

Community build are supported here in the forum, Buffalo branded builds are supported by Buffalo Tech Support.
DWolfman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am pretty sure I mentioned all that in my original post. Just trying to find out some info before I load dd-wrt onto my router, like if anyone can answer my question about the HARDWARE in my original post? I need this to decide if I want to load dd-wrt or stick with what I have.

Also, I didn't bother with Buffalo's forum since I'm sure they wouldn't give out what I'm looking for, since I'd be asking about firmware that didn't come from them.

So for clarification, I'm not looking for product support since I don't have dd-wrt installed yet. Just looking for answers from either someone that knows the hardware or has tried this already on their router.
DWolfman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Really would like to find out if anyone has tried this on their router with dd-wrt....

For one I'm not going to install it on my router if the hardware won't do it. That's why I'm asking.....
DWolfman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
And I see there is still no answer to my question?

Again, not looking for support of the firmware, just want to know if the hardware is going to allow me to use the different regulatory domain settings properly from the newer DD-WRT builds.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: