Linksys WRT160Nv3 router all web pages say reset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pandarock32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:19    Post subject: Linksys WRT160Nv3 router all web pages say reset Reply with quote
Hi everyone
I was wondering if you can help me, I have a Linksys WRT160Nv3 running dd wrt build 13575M. It usually works fine but this morning as I was using my phone, the internet suddenly stopped working, with all pages displaying a white page with the word reset at the top, on my ipad as well so it isn't the device. This happened for about a minute, then the internet began to work again. I went in to my router admin and it didn't seem to have gone down. Does anyone know what this is and how I can stop it from happening again?
Sponsor
pandarock32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: I tried turning off DNSmasq, as once before dnsmasq lost connection to the dns servers for about ten minutes so this could be the cause this time, I'lll see how this goes
pandarock32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems to be ok so far, does anyone know what could have caused it?
pandarock32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have also updated my router to the latest firmware - will that help? I noticed it has stopped accepting internet requests a few time recently, do you think it was the old firmware? It never shows signs of a problem but I can tell something inside it reset. Also I noticed something called cron was enabled apparently it is a system scheduler so I turned it off, maybe this will help? I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm new to dd-wrt, so please can you help me? EDIT: I have updated to the latest recommended build 14929
pandarock32
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I may have found out the cause of my problem! I don't know how to fix it, but I'm hoping someone here will Smile I think the problem is after 24 hours, when the dhcp leases renew, that is when my connection drops for about a minute and all web pages say 'reboot' or 'reset' I can't remember which. Is there a way to stop the dhcp, if it is the problem, from dropping the internet connection?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: