Having problem w db router [Solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dave-levy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:24    Post subject: Having problem w db router [Solved] Reply with quote
Hey, I have two routers set up in my home network.

And theyre using (or actually only the one) is using dd-wrt in repeater bridge mode.

Router make and model is the wndr3700 from netgear.
I followed the install procedure from your wiki and everything went well. Proceeded with setting up the repeater and thats when things went haywire.

From the look of it, I have two interfaces in the dual band router, wl0 and wl1.

I set up the bridge on wl0. Great, it connects.
And everything is working fine.

But then i wanted to set up another network on the wl1 interface. It doesnt work. In wl status page it says network is up and running but i cant find it in my wireless surveys.

Its like its dead. It reads out allright, but its dead. Like nothing is there. at all.

So i tried setting up a virtual interface. The vi functions properly on wl0.x but not on wl1.x

the firmware is xx061 from march/april 2013

I just don't know what to do next. Please help.

yours truly,

dave-levy
Sponsor
dave-levy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Oh, wow... Turns out when they say dual band they really mean dual band. I found out what it means tho.
It means that one is 2.4 and the other is 5.0.

No if's or about's. Crank wl1 up to 5.0 and it works allright. Just couldn't see it from my network card.
And here i though i could maybe get away at putting it in 2.4. (Theres an option for it. Why is there an option for it?).

Well end of the tale is the firmware is working allright and i am one happy camper.

Thanks folks! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: