Guest Network Blues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
ZekeTheDog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 16:01    Post subject: Guest Network Blues Reply with quote
Buffalo WZR-600DHP with builtin dd-wrt build 20180

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction. I cannot find information about the use of a few fields in the DD-WRT setup. If someone can point me to additional information, it would be much appreciated. I've already wasted over 12 hours banging my head against the wall. Crying or Very sad

1. How to use/setup the Tagging, VLANx Interface entry.(Am I picking the br1, or the ath0.1, or???? and why)

2. How to setup a separated Wireless lan network(for employee handheld devices) where they can't see the main computers.
3. Should the router be in gateway or router mode when performing #2.

Seems like there should be a simple white paper, or wiki, but I look through all the ones there and nothing applied to the version I have!

Thanks.
Sponsor
bitschubser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs
ZekeTheDog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for replying.

I've been to that mountain and it failed. I'm trying to figure out why.I posted that in detail here...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=176413

I'm thinking at this point it's something in the script, or something just broken... I've never made a mistake!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA Laughing
bitschubser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, been through exactly the same s..t on a WR740.
Your problems might relate to the version you're using.

I tried built r21... first and it didn't work. Then I switched to an older build r19..., it worked now but as soon as wpa2 was enabled it did not.

In the end i became aware of the release of r22118 and with that version everything worked fine "from the scratch".
ZekeTheDog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks. That's where my suspicion lies. However, when going to the Buffalo built-in updater, it says it has the latest version. I didn't want to whack it not knowing if I could revert to the old version and if the new version would support built-in updating.

I'd appreciate if someone has either been to the mountain, or fell in the hell hole and could tell me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: