Cant get wireless access point to work on DIR-615 D3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
mikewest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 15:09    Post subject: Cant get wireless access point to work on DIR-615 D3 Reply with quote
Hi,
I have a Sagemcom router which is my primary router. It is owned and operated by my ISP and I can not modify the configuration (also I don't know the exact DHCP range - but it is 192.168.1.x).

I have a D-LINK DIR615-D3 which I have flashed with the newest build of dd-wrt and would like to use it as a wireless access point (connected by wire to my primary router).

I have tried to configure it using exactly the following steps:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point

It seems like my DIR-615 can't communicate with the primary router - they are connected by wire and I have tried both the WAN and LAN ports.

I have tried assigning a static local IP to the DIR-615 and also tried the script (on wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point) to obtain an IP from the DHCP in the primary router.

If I assign a static IP to my computer (192.168.1.Cool I can connect to the secondary router both using wireless and wired, but I don't get any internet.

For some reason it seems like the wired connection between my primary router and the DIR-615 is not working.
As mentioned I have followed all the steps in the guide. Only difference is that I have assigned a static IP to the DIR615 which I think is in the DHCP range of the primary router (but if I assign that IP as a static IP to a computer it does work - so it doesn't seem to be the problem).

Last edited by mikewest on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:25; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
g.croz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 19:53    Post subject: No Internet on a DIR615.D3 Reply with quote
I've DIR615.D3 behind the ISP router. After a while that I've setup DDWRT and everything was fine I lost internet (I verified that connecting directly to the ISP router internet is ok). Issue on Wireless and Wired connection.
I tried 21061 and 22118 ... no change. I rebooted, firmware resetted, ... help!!!!
g.croz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
solved.
I did not noticed that, due to a recent ISP router firmware upgrade (FASTWEB Italy), ISP assigned new IPs:
- 192.168.0.1 to ISP router (and WAN gateway)
- 192.168.1.200 to DDWRT WAN port
That ISP configuration conflicts with my DDWRT subnet.

I changed my DDWRT IP to 192.168.15.1 and everything start working fine.

Ciao
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: