Trendnet tew-653ap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
MasterOSkillio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 19:07    Post subject: Trendnet tew-653ap Reply with quote
Really quickly, I see that this ap is supported here:

http://www.dd-wrt.ca/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

I don't however see a method of install. The ddwrt firmware is a .bin, while the Trendnet is looking for a .dfl

I did a little googleing to see if I missed something obvious, but i don't see a way of putting the tew-653 into an emergency mode to try and upload the ddwrt firmware. Can anyone help?
Sponsor
MallocArray
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Might not be any help, but I see this on the Router Database:

Requires Senao EAP9550 firmware
This router requires a Professional Activation. You can purchase activations and superchannel licenses in the DD-WRT Shop.
MasterOSkillio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
MallocArray wrote:
Might not be any help, but I see this on the Router Database:

Requires Senao EAP9550 firmware
This router requires a Professional Activation. You can purchase activations and superchannel licenses in the DD-WRT Shop.

I sent them a message about purchasing a licence. If the firmware exists I don't see why installation would be a secret, you have to buy the licence anyway.

I'll check back in when I get a response.
MasterOSkillio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Still no response from the ddwrt licencing people. I'm a little amazed that they expect people to pay for licences for something like this and don't bother replying to emails. I have a client that has a ton of these things and I would love to make them more stable by purchasing licences and putting ddwrt on them, hopefully there is a keep alive function, but I can't tell that.

If I get a response I'll post it here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: