TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 HDD sharing, OPTWARE, DLNA, Torrent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please try downgrading to build 25408 and let us know.

Thanks! Marcelo.
Sponsor
reb00tas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got it working on 25760

Thank you so much for this guide.
henger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
Please try downgrading to build 25408 and let us know.

Thanks! Marcelo.

Thank you for this guide Marcelo! It was very helpful and I managed to install minidlna and transmission to a WDR3600.
Everything is working fine but Smile

1.) When downloading with transmission the cpu load is 100% and 2.8,2.2,1,9 I limited the max connection to 20 and 5 per torrent. (only 2 torrent was loaded) Is it normal?

2.) I have a Samsung 48H6400 TV and I can play files from the usb drive but there is no subtitles. The avi and the srt has exectly the same name and they are in the same folder.

Do you have any idea?
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, it happens to me too. Transmission uses too much CPU. Either you queue one torrent at time, or you do limit simultaneous peers (don't ask me how).

Regarding to your Samsung xx48H6400, I'm about to buy one and I need you to tell us whether it works with AVI+SRT and MP4+SRT: please try to rename both files (AVI and SRT) to a simpler name, renaming SRT first. That should work and both files should be in [dlna/Video] directory.

I use Windows Explorer (Samba) to do it.

Usually, I use Transmission to download files into another directory (out of [dlna] directory), preparing SRT files and then moving them into [dlna/Video] directory. I mean, it might not work if you make Transmission download files right into [dlna] directory, adding SRT file afterwards, because MiniDLNA already scanned that AVI file without subtitles. Renaming files forces MiniDLNA perform a new scan.

- Two.and.a.Half.Men.S12E06.HDTV.x264-LOL.srt
- Two.and.a.Half.Men.S12E06.HDTV.x264-LOL.avi

To:
- Two.and.a.Half.Men.S12E06.HDTV.x264-LOL1.srt
- Two.and.a.Half.Men.S12E06.HDTV.x264-LOL1.avi

Above should be enough.

My current TV is a Samsung UN40D5800 which is works fine. Sometimes SRT won't play and I usually perform that workaround.

It's very important your feedback!

Looking forward to your response,
Marcelo - Brazil.
henger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
Well, it happens to me too. Transmission uses too much CPU. Either you queue one torrent at time, or you do limit simultaneous peers (don't ask me how).

Regarding to your Samsung xx48H6400, I'm about to buy one and I need you to tell us whether it works with AVI+SRT and MP4+SRT: please try to rename both files (AVI and SRT) to a simpler name, renaming SRT first. That should work and both files should be in [dlna/Video] directory.

I use Windows Explorer (Samba) to do it.

Usually, I use Transmission to download files into another directory (out of [dlna] directory), preparing SRT files and then moving them into [dlna/Video] directory. I mean, it might not work if you make Transmission download files right into [dlna] directory, adding SRT file afterwards, because MiniDLNA already scanned that AVI file without subtitles. Renaming files forces MiniDLNA perform a new scan.

- Two.and.a.Half.Men.S12E06.HDTV.x264-LOL.srt
- Two.and.a.Half.Men.S12E06.HDTV.x264-LOL.avi

To:
- Two.and.a.Half.Men.S12E06.HDTV.x264-LOL1.srt
- Two.and.a.Half.Men.S12E06.HDTV.x264-LOL1.avi

Above should be enough.

My current TV is a Samsung UN40D5800 which is works fine. Sometimes SRT won't play and I usually perform that workaround.

It's very important your feedback!

Looking forward to your response,
Marcelo - Brazil.

I'm using the dlna's video directory as the default download dir for transmission. I renamed the subtitle to match the avi's name but - as you pointed out above - minidlna already cached the avi so during the film no subtitles were shown.
After this I renamed the avi and the srt to a.avi and a.srt and it's worked like a charm. I only tested the avi + srt combination, but in the weekend I'll test mkv and mp4 with subs.
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great! Good news!

I believe you can preserve the original filename, not having to make them so simple, like I told you earlier. I mean, you have to make few changes on the name like "_" or "-", whenever you are dealing with files in [dlna] directory. Remember, the last change has to be on the AVI file.

Better. You can change the file settings.json (see step 3.2) in order to, by default, download your files using Transmission. After downloading, you can add SRT file, renaming and move them together into [dlna/Videos] directory:

Suggestion:

1. Create a directory named "temporary" in /tmp/mnt/sda1:
Code:

mkdir -p /tmp/mnt/sda1/temporary

2. Change "download-dir" parameter of "/tmp/mnt/sda2/root/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json" file:
Code:

to: "download-dir": "/tmp/mnt/sda1/temporary",

3. Save the file and reboot your router. That should be enough.

Finally I can buy that TV (Samsung UN48H6400)

Thank you very much!
Marcelo - Brazil.
tomm_
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the guide.

I only used the part on how to install optware, which I used to install hplip. Thanks to this and a usb-to-parallel adapter, I have an old HP LaserJet 1100A printer as a wifi-enabled (sort of) printer. Smile
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to know about HP Linux Imaging and Printing (HPLIP).

Thanks for your feedback!
henger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
msantos2007 wrote:
Good to know about HP Linux Imaging and Printing (HPLIP).

Thanks for your feedback!

I have an samsung m2675f laser printer and connected it the an usb port of the router and enabled the usb printer support in ddwrt. Im able to send filmes to the printer but:

- Is it possible to install samsung driver on ddwrt because I can't see the printer status during printing (like how many toner left, and notifications of jammed paper)

- The printer is printing much more slower because it pauses between files. When it was connected via usb printer cablecable the printing was almost seamless, never paused between files. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the files are sended one by one and the router is not caching them.
Heez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 23:03    Post subject: Re: Full Guide Reply with quote
i am running tplink wdr-4300 with ddwrt build 25697. i got everything setup, but i am stuck at this part.

msantos2007 wrote:

1.1.1 Run the following line-by-line, using PuTTY:

[code]
cd /tmp
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/uclibcxx_0.2.4-1_ar71xx.ipk
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/libc_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk
wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/opkg_9c97d5ecd795709c8584e972bfdf3aee3a5b846d-7_ar71xx.ipk

ipkg -d / -force-depends install uclibcxx_0.2.4-1_ar71xx.ipk

but then i get, File not found uclibcxx_0.2.4-1_ar71xx.ipk

the link to the file works as i can download it to my PC, but the router cannot download it. what can i do?

EDIT: downgraded to 25408, still does not work.
msantos2007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
It worked on mine...

You should get:

Quote:

wget http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/
ar71xx/generic/packages/uclibcxx_0.2.4-1_ar71xx.ipk
Connecting to downloads.openwrt.org (78.24.191.177:80)
uclibcxx_0.2.4-1_ar7 100% |***********************************| 67713 0:00:00 ETA

These wget commands should be run on /tmp. You should try again, after checking whether your Internet connection is up (please try to ping "www.google.com" from your router).

Also try to run line by line, hitting Enter every command. Sometimes flashdrives are too slow to absorb all commands at once. And keep on build 25408.

Good Luck!
Heez
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm running it on /tmp, but wget is not getting the file. putty does not show a downloading log. it just goes to the next line, without downloading anything. i can ping google fine from command prompt.

anything else i can do. can i manually download the files in my web browser and transfer the files where they need to be?

EDIT: i got it to work by manually downloading the files and then using WinSCP to transfer the files to the correct folder. then ipkg worked and the rest of the steps worked fine as well. now i am transfering videos to the usb stick and i will test it out.
ArturDent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Heez, check DNS settings in DD-WRT. I had the same problem.

@msantos2007 I Installed successfully Optware & miniDLNA on TP-Link TL-WR1043N(D) 2.x and build r25948 / 01-17-2015
Instaled on external USB HDD - 2GB with ext3 and NTFS.

Thanks!

Note: NTFS is more than 3 times slower than ext3 on USB2.0 and DD-WRT
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Heez, my guess is you are connecting your WDR-4300 to another router (your main router) and you setup WDR-4300 as an AP, i.e. signal from main router is connected to the LAN port of WDR-4300 instead of WAN. I believe you didn't set the Gateway and local DNS on dd-wrt Network setup. If so, set it to the ip of the main router. Right now, you can ping to the internet from your PC but I believe you can't ping to the internet from the Putty terminal.
ArturDent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
I believe you didn't set the Gateway and local DNS on dd-wrt Network setup.

It identifies 100% the problem that I had!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: