TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 HDD sharing, OPTWARE, DLNA, Torrent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Ansuel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recentely (3 days ago) i switch from dd-wrt to openwrt for the wi-fi bug (it's there from about 4 build O_O can't live with no wifi for a month)
I use the snapshot and all is good and smooth
Sponsor
roliverio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Recentely (3 days ago) i switch from dd-wrt to openwrt for the wi-fi bug (it's there from about 4 build O_O can't live with no wifi for a month)
I use the snapshot and all is good and smooth

Hi Ansuel, How did you go on switching to OpenWRT?, and, didn't you try Kryptex DD-WRT 3.0 Betas on ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/ ?

If you have a guide for switching to OpenWRT would be nice also, altought i prefer to stick to my actual setup and upgrade in place to the newest OpenWRT release using DD-WRT as base.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please note that the instructions as given on the guide on this thread is based on repository from Openwrt (which is another open-source firmware like dd-wrt). What it means is that all the .ipk files are downloaded from Openwrt server. The present guide is only compatible with Openwrt package released for build 14.07-rc3 (code name barrier breaker) which is by no mean the latest. The latest which you can get from Openwrt snapshots is 15.05 (code name chaoes calmer) as other member pointed out. I bet that you will probably see some missing files errors when you try to change the guide to use 15.05 instead of 14.07-rc3.

Switching from dd-wrt to Openwrt means instead of flashing your router with dd-wrt, you flash it with Openwrt.

General rule is that you don't switch directly from dd-wrt to Openwrt as it may brick your router. You should revert your router back to stock firmware first and then flash it with openwrt.

If you are new to Openwrt, you have to go through all the searching and study just like the first time you know about dd-wrt. Check if your router is supported by Openwrt by visiting Openwrt web site and understand what is Openwrt. Get the information & understand how to flash and setup Openwrt. In case of trouble, how to find and get help from Openwrt community. Lots of work and it is going to be harder than dd-wrt. Hope you like and enjoy it!
roliverio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Please note that the instructions as given on the guide on this thread is based on repository from Openwrt (which is another open-source firmware like dd-wrt). What it means is that all the .ipk files are downloaded from Openwrt server. The present guide is only compatible with Openwrt package released for build 14.07-rc3 (code name barrier breaker) which is by no mean the latest. The latest which you can get from Openwrt snapshots is 15.05 (code name chaoes calmer) as other member pointed out. I bet that you will probably see some missing files errors when you try to change the guide to use 15.05 instead of 14.07-rc3.

Switching from dd-wrt to Openwrt means instead of flashing your router with dd-wrt, you flash it with Openwrt.

General rule is that you don't switch directly from dd-wrt to Openwrt as it may brick your router. You should revert your router back to stock firmware first and then flash it with openwrt.

If you are new to Openwrt, you have to go through all the searching and study just like the first time you know about dd-wrt. Check if your router is supported by Openwrt by visiting Openwrt web site and understand what is Openwrt. Get the information & understand how to flash and setup Openwrt. In case of trouble, how to find and get help from Openwrt community. Lots of work and it is going to be harder than dd-wrt. Hope you like and enjoy it!

Hello js1662

As you said, i know that this guide refers only to 14.xx, and that replacing or even trying to use 15.05 it's not directly applicable on these procedures.

And, i already know that using vanilla OpenWRT needs a router re-flash. dd-wrt->stock->OpenWRT

I already run OpenWRT on other devices that i own, i used dd-wrt on my wdr4300 because at the time of this guide first version, OpenWRT had flaky support for my device and i needed the functionality provided.

I asked Ansuel for advice, being that he's going to try the switch, another thing that i pointed out, like asking for a guide on switching to OpenWRT related to this particular thread, it's because it would be useful to know a way that keeps actual configuration, or at least, reduces the time spent working on having the same functionality that this thread describes on switching.

if you have such a procedure, or an advice on how to switch (be it a full OpenWRT installation, or a simple upgrade trough opkg) would be nice to have it.

Thanks again.
Ansuel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nha i just overwrite the linux part of the flash with the factory openwrt bin...
Just search on google dd wrt to openwrt and you will get the command...

mtd -r write imagefile linux
where imagefile is the squashfs-factory image.
SametWeb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 15:55    Post subject: Re: transmission-daemon optimizations Reply with quote
prolefeed wrote:
This guide is awesome as I had a Netgear WNDR3700v1 that I wanted to get optware and bittorrent working on. It has been long, but its quite stable now and I even have a few optimizations to share with the hive mind...

hi,
i using tp-link wr842nd and swapon on error.
How do I install the Swapon?
sorry my lang Smile

thanks

root@DD-WRT ~ $ swapon
-sh: swapon: not found

Code:
root@DD-WRT ~ $ opkg install kmod-loop
Installing kmod-loop (3.10.49-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/kmod-loop_3.10.49-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-loop:
 *      kernel (= 3.10.49-1-94831e5bcf361d1c03e87a15e152b0e8) *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-loop.

Last edited by SametWeb on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:49; edited 1 time in total
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
roliverio wrote:

Hello js1662

As you said, i know that this guide refers only to 14.xx, and that replacing or even trying to use 15.05 it's not directly applicable on these procedures.

And, i already know that using vanilla OpenWRT needs a router re-flash. dd-wrt->stock->OpenWRT

I already run OpenWRT on other devices that i own, i used dd-wrt on my wdr4300 because at the time of this guide first version, OpenWRT had flaky support for my device and i needed the functionality provided.

I asked Ansuel for advice, being that he's going to try the switch, another thing that i pointed out, like asking for a guide on switching to OpenWRT related to this particular thread, it's because it would be useful to know a way that keeps actual configuration, or at least, reduces the time spent working on having the same functionality that this thread describes on switching.

if you have such a procedure, or an advice on how to switch (be it a full OpenWRT installation, or a simple upgrade trough opkg) would be nice to have it.

Thanks again.

Can you tell us what is your issue with 14.07-rc3 and why are you thinking of updating it to 15.05? Knowing the problem that you are facing may allow me or other members to give you the comment you need.
xpender
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:29    Post subject: port forwarding Reply with quote
Hello,
thanks for the great tut, almoust works fine, except transmission uploading. Downloading is fine, but I need to know what`s the IP of the transmission installed on my dd-wrt to made upload available to others.
I have build 24461 on 1043nd v.2.

Or someone post here some link

Thanks
roliverio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

Can you tell us what is your issue with 14.07-rc3 and why are you thinking of updating it to 15.05? Knowing the problem that you are facing may allow me or other members to give you the comment you need.

Hi js1662

I'm not facing any particular problem, i just would like to update to minidlna 1.1.5, as it addresses some issues i've been having with certain media on my LG tv.

OTOH, directly using the snapshots branch on OpenWRT partially breaks the system.

But this is a minor issue, i'm more interested on keeping the OpenWRT overlay up to date.
effelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Marcelo,

Thanks for this how to.
I'm trying to install Freeradius via optware on my TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 (build 25408 as you've suggested).
The install didnt gave my any issue, but Freeradius refuse to works.

Code:
root@Divina-Hotspot /tmp $ opkg install freeradius2
Installing freeradius2 (2.2.5-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/freeradius2_2.2.5-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing libltdl (2.4-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/libltdl_2.4-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing libreadline (6.2-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/libreadline_6.2-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing freeradius2-common (2.2.5-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/freeradius2-common_2.2.5-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing libpthread (0.9.33.2-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/libpthread_0.9.33.2-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing libopenssl (1.0.1i-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/libopenssl_1.0.1i-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Installing zlib (1.2.8-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/zlib_1.2.8-1_ar71xx.ipk.
Configuring libpthread.
Configuring libltdl.
Configuring libreadline.
Configuring zlib.
Configuring libopenssl.
Configuring freeradius2-common.
Configuring freeradius2.
root@Divina-Hotspot /tmp $

When I start (manually) the server I get:
Code:
root@Divina-Hotspot /etc/init.d $ radiusd start
radiusd: can't load library 'libfreeradius-radius-020205.so'

Seems a problem with symlink, but I'm not sure.

What I would like is to have the tab on GUI as showed on demo.

Offtopic: Mesmo sendo italiano faz tempo que me mudei no Brasil, um dia desses vem tomar um café no meu novo restaurante em Porto Alegre (RS). Abraço!
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
roliverio wrote:
Quote:

Hi js1662

I'm not facing any particular problem, i just would like to update to minidlna 1.1.5, as it addresses some issues i've been having with certain media on my LG tv.

OTOH, directly using the snapshots branch on OpenWRT partially breaks the system.

But this is a minor issue, i'm more interested on keeping the OpenWRT overlay up to date.

It seems that the latest snapshot of openwrt is still using an old version 1.1.4 of minidlna. Hence, even snapshot is not yet ready for 1.1.5. To enjoy the benefit of 1.1.5 minidlna, you may have to use a Linux PC for that.

Just some background history about the guide. It used to be using openwrt's snapshot but one day, I can't remember exactly when, people started getting errors and optware was not working anymore due to changes on openwrt which were not compatible with the old guide. It took the author quite some time and effort to fix the guide. I think it make sense to use a fix build instead of the snapshot (which keeps updating everyday) as who knows when the openwrt may make some big change again causing our optware to stop working once more.
effelle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
OK. I'm looking again on freeradius. As I've already told you the missing lib is libfreeradius-radius-020205.so, with

find / | grep -i libfreeradius

I've found it on

Code:
/tmp/mnt/sda2/opt/usr/lib/freeradius2/libfreeradius-radius-020205.so

Seems freeradius is unable to pick the right folder for his libs. Problem is the folder is already on the path thanks to the script Marcelo passed on this thread:

Code:
if [ -d /opt/usr ]; then
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/opt/lib:[b]/opt/usr/lib:[/b]/lib:/usr/lib'
  export PATH='/opt/bin:/opt/usr/bin:/opt/sbin:/opt/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin'
 else
  exit
 fi

Any clue?

Thanks,

F.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi effelle, take a look at this: https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/raddb/radiusd.conf.in and see if it can give you any clue on fixing the problem. Check your radiusd.conf and see whether adding the path to libdir can fix the problem or not. BTW I have never used freeradius.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:20    Post subject: Re: transmission-daemon optimizations Reply with quote
SametWeb wrote:
hi,
i using tp-link wr842nd and swapon on error.
How do I install the Swapon?
sorry my lang Smile

thanks

root@DD-WRT ~ $ swapon
-sh: swapon: not found

swapon is a built in function in BusyBox and apparently it is no longer supported in newer versions of dd-wrt. Enter busybox --help using ssh and you probably will found that it is not on the command list.
roliverio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all.

i've managed to compile an updated version of minidlna (version 1.1.5) that works with optware as-is on this thread.

I haven't (and cannot) test it under other environments, so feel free to test it on other versions of optware.

Note: This package is only for ar71xx (MIPS32) arch so don't bother testing it on a arm based router.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/djjpf9wlbupf1wv/minidlna_1.1.5-1_ar71xx.ipk?dl=0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28, 29, 30  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 22 of 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: